Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Dancing With the Stars


OK, so my sister kept telling me how great the show "Dancing With the Stars" is but I just don't see it. Being an avid "American Idol" fan nothing comes close, so right there my mind set is already half closed to accepting more shows of this kind, they do get old quick. But I have for the most part watched this season's competition. One of the things I didn't like right away is that they perform dances like the Rumba and the Paso Doble and even Samba to popular music such as hip hop, that in my eyes take away from the beauty of the dance... but that's just me.

Mario Lopez and Karina are by far the best couple, if Mario would train 8-hour days as professional dancers do he could probably win real competitions, the fact that he is an actor and dances that good should tell you something, the Latin rhythm comes out naturally for him. Last week they made so much noise because Eva Longoria was at the show wearing a t-shirt that said "Vote for Mario" that this week he decided to deviate the public attention from that by dancing a red hot Rumba that had sex written all over it... Shish Mario! Get a room already.He needs to show some more humility and get rid of that "I'm gonna kick your ass face" he puts every time he is waiting for the judges comments.

Last night I was most impressed with Monique Coleman and Louis Van Amstel's performance. In contrast to Mario "sexual" Rumba, theirs was more of a "sexy and sensual" performance. Even though this week they were in the bottom two, next week they should be safe.

Vivica A Fox and Nick Kosovich should not have been eliminated, people may not like Vivica that much but she was a better dancer than Jerry is. As for Jerry! Jerry!, Jerry!, Jerry!, you have been likable in a different way and your partner Kym is a real good sport but in all honesty your turn has come. I truly believe Jerry's turn is up.

Joey is a favorite of mine but I hope his Rumba is better than his Samba.

So there Chely that's my take on your favorite show... so far.

5 comments:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Yeah...I'd only watch it for my sister too. Just not on my own.

Chely said...

Chely was here!

I'll give you my real comment later after I get off work.

Love ya!

Elena said...

Yo sigo sin verlo. A ver si me acuerdo la next week.
chao.

Chely said...

OK my opinionated big brother. This is what I think of your comments:

First, it is hard to be objective when, as you say "your mind set is already half closed".
This is no American Idol (I never said it was) it is a show about professional dancers pairing off with unlikely celebrities. This makes it fun for me.

However, I strongly agree with you (and I had told you that before) about how this show applies Popular tunes to our traditional Latin dances. I don’t like this feature either. The Rumba, Paso Doble & Samba rhythms are DEFENITELY better savored when they are danced to traditional songs. The beautiful traditional MUSIC paired off with a great dance routine can give you the chills or even make you cry. At least, it does to me.

Mario & Joey are my favorites. Mario in my opinion is humble. He doesn’t have that “I’m gonna kick your ass face” you talk about! Although we all know he will. A Rumba with Sex all over it is exactly what some of us FEMALE viewers are waiting to see. Frankly, if more men moved their hips as Mario does, they’d be way more happy latin women in this earth.

I agree with you as well with the opinion that Vivica A Fox should not have left the competition yet. She had great potential. My question to you is…Did you vote? Voting is a big part of this show. Just as reading people’s comments in this blog is important to us. Without audience/reader’s participation the outcome of anyone’s efforts are worthless.

Now, Jerry is not the best dancer, but is as they say, “very entertaining” and that makes for good TV. I personally am not crazy about the Country singer’s dancing. She should have left last week, in my opinion.

Now for Joey, he did a great job on Tuesday. The downfall for me was the music he was given to dance. It just didn’t fit with the rhythm he was performing.

So, I will continue to watch and I know it will get better. It always does.

Until we meet again in the dance floor my great Disco partner.

Besitos,

Jose said...

Mushy - I grew up dancing so my sister didn't really twist my arm to watch the show, but I just hate to see good dancers leave early due to not being popular enough. Jerry makes me laugh everytime he's interviewed and has a great sence of humor but that doesn't account for his weekly survival.

Elena - Esta suave pero no tanto. Dale el visto bueno para que nos des tu opinion.

Chely - The show is kinda alright. I can't get past the music vs. dance thing, (cada obeja con su pareja). Mario and Joey are my favorites too but it may be Mario and Emmet (and I don't like the way he dances). Jerry is surviving because of the awwww how cute vote but realistically he's no match for the rest. Sara Evans gets my vote, oh wait I don't vote.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants