Sunday, July 30, 2006

The Summons

THE FAMILY GATHERING

My niece: Hello tio!
Me: Hello princess.
My niece: I’m calling you to let you know my mom came out with a brilliant idea.
Me: And what is that idea.
My niece: She wants to cook for us on Sunday.
Me: Say no more I’m there.

What’s better than to be summoned to your sister’s house for no particular reason than to just have a family gathering complete with food, food and more food. Yeap, when my niece called me to tell me her mom came out with that great idea, they did not have to ask me twice nor they had to twist my arm. So when she asked me “What do you think tio?” I said shut up you had me a Hello.


Really what kind of human being would I be if said no to food? Not likely, the word food carries more weight than the weight it will make me gain later on, let it be nown that we fry everything. When you are Hispanic you know that if you are invited to a family get together there is going to be lots and lots of food, which in our case works out because there are lots and lots of us.

Just a simple summons from my sister, just a couple of calls here and there and there were about 30 of us at her house. See we don’t require formal invitation or anything like that, in our case word of mouth works like a charm. A good example of a typical invitation would be as follows:

Me: (Inviting my sons in law and respective families) what up fool? My sister is having tacos on Sunday you coming?
In law: What kind of tacos?
Me: Who cares what kind, the free kind.
In law: Will she have “frijoles”?
Me: Yeap!
In law: In that case, yes.
Me: Alrighty then! See you there.

Then my in law in turn calls his brother…

In law: What up fool? Tacos at Marya’s. You coming?
His brother: Will they have frijoles?

Yeap, in our case you invite five people because those five people will invite some more and before you know it you have a full house which in our case is called:

A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!

6 comments:

Nikki Darling said...

Even if you had said "Me: (Inviting 2 random guys and respective families)" I so would have known that that was the frijole brothers Loyiel and Jr. Too funny!

Michelle said...

Yeah that's all Jr cares about... the dang frijoles! LOL He'll have frijole tacos and be a happy camper... ok maybe not all happy... we'd have to include a soda.

Chely said...

es, I heard all about this upcoming get together from my mom, Elena & Yolie.

I'm still waiting for the day when these Blogs get so sophisticated that I'd be able to grab a taco from that plate you are showing us!

Until then, I'm so glad you guys enjoyed the food and the good company.

I am looking forward to Julie's Baby Shower (hopefully the long weekend in September). Can you guys start planning the menu?

Jose said...

One event at a time. Next is a karaoke party for Marya and my mom's (whom as you know is the Simon)birthday.

Anonymous said...

I don't suppose you and your sister would come cook for me?

Anonymous said...

hahaha this is just too fuuny but that is exactly how it works.- Maryita

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants