Saturday, July 01, 2006

Superman Returns


I said it before, I’m a Batman kinda guy, all of his gadgets are man made and he’s just basically cool both as the bat and as Bruce Wayne. So with that in mind we went to see Superman this Friday, for starters I didn’t realize it was going to be a long movie, I expected lots of action but that didn’t happen, I also expected lots of special effects but I didn’t see anything I didn’t see Christopher Reeve do, actually the new Superman (Brandon Routh) whom many say looks like Reeve also played Clark Kent in the same manner Reeve did, however Brandon Routh did portrait Superman as a more secure super hero and not as a second banana to Louis Lane.

One of the cool features of this new Superman is that he is not only faster than a speeding bullet but “homey” can fly at hyper speeds, and even though in this movie he doesn’t have a place to live (his baggage is still in a closet inside the Daily Planet) he still call Metropolis home but now he doesn’t just fight for the American way but now he travels all over the world saving people, he’ll just go into outer space and listen to find out where he is needed.

Ok here’s my only spoiler, Superman is indeed the man of steel, a bank robber shoots him point blank in the eye and the bullet just flattens itself as it crashes into his pupil… what? You can see that in the movie trailer, so then I didn’t spoil anything did I.

Kevin Spacey is a great actor so he is also a great Lex Luthor but I liked Gene Hackman better. Lois Lane is prettier this time around but has a fiancé and… she’s mad at Superman, but yes you guessed right there is some romance left in her.

All in all, Superman is a good movie but it’s wasn’t fast enough for me, and my date told me she could have waited for it to be released on DVD, but then again she’s not into Super Heroes unless the super hero is me. I didn’t see anything I hadn’t seen before but at the same time the movie did not feel like it was a repeat of the last three. Kudos to Superman for not letting this chick destroy a classic Mustang, instead he lifts the car and gently puts it down again.

If you like the man of steel you will like this movie, but me I eagerly await the next Batman Movie.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

So can I take that as it wasn't that great? Cuz Jr wants to go see it and I don't care to. But if we tell him it was bad then he won't want to go. So even if you liked it tell me you didn't... so I can have a conversation with Jr that goes something like this:

Me: Let's go to the movies
Jr: We have to watch Superman
Me: But I don't want to...
Jr: Then we're not going...
(Pause)
Me: My Dad said it sucked
Jr: Ok then tell me what else is showing...

YAY! I win! (He values your opinion)

Michelle said...

P.S. By the way go and check out my new blog!!! What can I say... you've inspired me!

Anonymous said...

Tio, you are so creative... you should seriously think about becomming a newspaper columnist. De Verdad! your blogs are totally interesting and complete. you leave no detail behind. I loved this blog in particular because I got to hear your commentary on Superman, wich makes me want to wait until it comes out DVD. Not that, that's bad or anything, but, me like your date ( I know who she is (wink)) is not a crazy superhero kinda gal, If you ask me, I do like Batman and Spiderman though... hey,..... I guess that does make me into a supehero gal afterall.... hmmmm...
Love ya! Vane

Nikki Darling said...

I agree with Mrs. Vanessa on the whole being a columnist. I'd so write in to your column!!

Anonymous said...

O.K. - So here I am, thinking to my self, "My self: Either I'm reading a Reporter/Book Critic/Movie Critic write these awesome, interesting & witty points of view or Fide should do this professionally.”

Then I come across everyone’s comments and I smile:)

You have such a way to describe your views and convey your emotions that even though I have never read Harry Potter or watched any of the movies, you’ve made me go “Hmmmm”.

Yeap! You remind me of my dad.

Keep up the good work. I am looking forward to the next installment.

Besitos,

Chely

Angie said...

I will definitely wait until this comes out on DVD. I'm more of a Spiderman or Batman kind of girl.

Thanks for the review. :)

Anonymous said...

Well, I am the date. My baby and I have made it a weekly (key word weekly) outing to the movies. This past friday was SUPERMAN and I was not that impressed. What I will share with you is that it's a great way to keep our relationship fresh and fun. Mr. Melo and I usually will have dinner after the movie and get to talk about our week which sometimes can be hectic. Joe, you are awsome but, I already tell you that a lot. Keep up your with your writing and having lots of fun. Love, Sylvia

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants