Thursday, August 03, 2006

How much higher will it go?

I didn't want to do it, I have been biting my tongue and keeping quiet, it has been getting worse and it seems like there's no hope things will turn around. Yes it hurts my eyes when I see it, and it's also been hurting my pocket. Who do they think I am? Senor Rockefeller or Senor Trump, well I'm neither, I am just a poor sucker that works hard for a living and loves driving his Mustang everyday.

That's right, I have to bitch and complain because today I set a new record at the gas pump, my car has a very small gas tank that used to get filled with $14.00 of super unleaded when I bought it back in 1999. So who cared that it had a 5.0 under the hood, I was not rich but $14.00 was not going to break me either. That's why today I had to take a double take when I saw my gas receipt $40.80 is just a little bit more my pocket wants to pay for gas, except the gas mafia is not asking me for my opinion and obviously they are insensitive to my funds or lack of.

But hey I love my Mustang and so far I have been getting away with only one tank a week, since we use our minivan over the weekend. (Mi chica won't ride my Mustang only because I don't have AC, can you believe that?) Just because the temperature these days is over 110 every day and my car becomes a rolling pony on fire.But hey, why complain there's always the other side of the coin. I could be driving an SUV, which in turn would have made this posting look a hell of a lot different and my bank account as dry as this desert I live in.

3 comments:

Chely said...

lol

Jose said...

Chely - You laugh at me because you have a little car that probably runs on fumes.

Jose said...

hoping4more - hey at least you don't have a suburban...

Oh but we did have an Expedition, ouch! we liked it a lot but had to trade in for a mini van, it's a lot better on gas and carries the same amount of people more confortably.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants