Sunday, August 27, 2006

The Perks

One of the perks of being a manager or a department head as we are now called, is that the people you do business with will eventually take you out to lunch at least once a month and every so often they will also take you to a ball game. This trucking company that I use has tickets for the Phoenix Suns, The ASU Sun Devils, and The Arizona Diamonbacks. I'm lucky to be invited to at least six events per year and this is only one of three companies I use that have such perks.

Not being a sports fan I really wouldn't care much about going to the games however they do wine and dine you before each game and that right there my friend is worth the outing. When it comes to food I just don't know how to say no, and if the food can be washed down with a Mojito or a Margarita it's all the better.

So today for the first time in a long time the outing consisted of a game, a hot dog, and a diet drink to wash it donwn. Except the darn hot dog was hard to swallow because our team was loosing.

Yep, the Diamonbacks were playing the Dodgers and they were getting their butts kicked. Even though I grew up in L.A. I never had a favorite team, we just had too many to choose from and I always root for the underdog anyway. So when we moved to Phoenix I decided to adopt every local team that we have, I don't care if they are a losing team because they still are my local team. To me it's hard to understand why a fan that was born in Los Angeles and lives in Phoenix roots for the Cowboys, it just doesn't make sense but I see it every day and when I ask them why, many of them don't really have an answer other than because I like the team.

So I walked out at the beginning of the ninth inning. The saying goes "It isn't over until the fat lady sings" but for me it was over.

Until the next game... Go Diamonbacks! win or lose I still love ya.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Yes but the Diamondbacks beat us quite a few times this week! WE were getting our butts kicked! Give us a chance =( haha

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants