Friday, September 22, 2006

Off We Go!


As some of you may know Miss Britt dissapeared and is nowhere to be found, if anyone knows her whereabouts tell her to hurry back before some of us fans start having Miss Britt's withdrawals. But even her dissapearance won't change my plans to travel to California tonight as our ship sails off on Monday.

Erin from "It's my life... unfortunate as it may be" is showing off her new template, go check it out it's pretty cool. Green is pretty much my favorite color and the graphics are nice as well. Tell her I sent ya! And yes, this is a free advertisment, no BE credits will change hands.

Unless I can get my hands on a computer over the weekend, this could possibly be my last post until I come back from our cruise on October the 2nd. So don't forget me. I may or may not come back with plenty of things to share with you my friends, we'll just have to wait and see but in the meantime keep having fun, and those of you out there battling the flue, I hope you feel better soon.

Also don't forget to visit my photo blog, I have posted some pretty cool new pictures that you may enjoy. Arizona is such a beautiful state that if it was mine I would give you all a little piece of it. Since it's not mine, I'll just give you these pictures. Enjoy!

And as a last note, I finally got frogged today and this is how it went:

This blog looks fine. The header is fine, the sidebar is uncluttered, there's not stuff thrown all over the place. The about me section is on the puny side, and there's no click through to read anything else.
The posts themselves are ok, and I was going to say that the style of writing does not appeal to me, but the author is an ESL blogger. Which would explain the choppiness of the posts. Tuesday is e-mail Tuesday, and he posts an e-mail he received. Not the best content ever, but at least he is limiting it to once a week. Since this is a Blogger template, you can't have a "previous posts" link at the bottom. But there is something cool with the archives, when you have clicked on a link, the link is then formatted with a strikethrough. This makes it very easy to tell which archives I have looked at so far. Excellent idea for a blogger template. (The template does it for all the links, but is most useful on the archives.) However, the links in the posts are shown in smaller type than the other words, which makes me a little crazy. Bold or underline the links, but smaller type is hard to read.
He and his wife have been married for 25 years, which is quite an accomplishment. He is always very gracious and kind to his commenters, which I like in a blogger. But I still don't think his posting will appeal to a wide variety of readers.


Not too far from what I expected, although an additonal bug would have looked cooler, to me two bugs just look too lonely. I'm glad they think my template is not bad, I have my daughter to thank since she is the one that made it for me, matter of fact she is working on a new template as we speak, so it might change again soon.

Mrs. Ribbit is very perceptive, if she can tell I'm an ESL blogger by reading my writing, then she should hear my accent, I've been told I sound like "Puss in boots" aka Antonio Banderas, but darn I don't know if that was a compliment.

Joe Cool's Blog will continue to be a family blog, therefore I will continue to keep it somewhat clean, and since there's no major drama in my life it will also continue to be without any particular theme and to a certain extent on the boring side (now I know why I'm stalker pray on BE BOTBs) and at an average of 150 hits per day I prefer to keep my small but faithful readers, however if out of 1000 browsers only one remains a repeat reader, I'm a happy camper.

All in all, I'm pleased with the review, and just like everything else in life I know that there's always room for improvement.


5 comments:

Erin said...

Boy was I shocked to see you pimpin me out!! Thanks so much!!

I hope you have a FABULOUS cruise, eat tons and tons for me :)

And I'd give you 5 bugs in a second, lol... I'm really loving your blog!

I was just about to ask what ESL means... but I just figured it out by myself - giving myself pat on the back - I never would have guessed! I think you do a great job!!

ENJOY

Jose said...

Hey not only that, but I added you to my sidebar, you're one of my daily reads. The cruise will be fabulous and yes more than likely we will be eating a lot, and now that you know about my photo blog, come back and visit because I will be posting pictures from the cruise on it. See I don't need a wide range of readers just a couple like you and I'm happy.

Anonymous said...

Hey man, felicidades!!! la hiciste, aunque no entendí muy bien lo que dijo esa persona pero luego me la explicas.

Buen viaje! y alla te alcanzamos el domingo para divertirnos como enanos a partir del lunes.

See ya

Your lovely sister...

Chely said...

At first, I was lost. I had no idea what "frogged" meant. I didn't know if this was you saying the comments or why?

Then I finally realized you were being reviewed!

OK, my dear big brother, you are going to have to set some time aside while you're on the ship to explain many things to me about this Blog Protocol.

One of us will be taking our laptops on the cruise. They have internet available!

Drive carefully and God willing, I'll see you in California on Saturday.

Love ya! Your little sister:)

Lana said...

Have fun. Take lots of pics for me.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants