Thursday, November 30, 2006

Shit I'm Cold!

I say that if you live in Phoenix and you wake up to 27 degrees you are pretty much frozen. See, just last week on Monday the 20th, we had a record high for that particular day of 89 degrees; I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Fast forward to this morning, the attire to leave the house consisted of blue jeans, a muscle shirt, a t-shirt, a sweat shirt, a scarf, a face mask, a jacket, a "Fargo" kinda looking hat, and gloves. I would have been pretty warm but it just so happens that my driver's side window is busted and is only half way up, so when you are doing 75 m.p.h on the freeway it is very cold due to the wind chill. Normally I use these garments only when I ride my bike in cold weather, but it seems that until I get my window fixed I will have to layer up even for driving.

So, this morning I pretty much looked like the little kid on the movie "A Christmas Story" so bundled up that I couldn't even bend. If I would have fallen I could have cried for help saying "I've fallen and I can't get up", and then as some of you may know I wouldn't have been able to call anybody because I refuse to own a cell phone, and my daughters always ask me "what about in case of an emergency?" I guess I'm just stubborn that way.

While on the subject of cold weather, tonight is the Coyote's game I'll be attending. This will be the second hockey game I'll be going to, the first time I went was with my son. He took me to a game when the weather was pretty hot, so I wore shorts and a T-shirt and consequently I froze my ass off, luckily for me the gave us these nice big souvenir towels and I was able to kinda cover myself with it. Tonight I know different so I'll be prepared.




25peeps

Can you believe I'm still there, this is day 8 already. Thanks to all of you out there for your continued support in helping me stay on the front page. Don't be shy and keep clicking the thumbnail over and over.

http://www.25peeps.com/r/2180

3 comments:

MrManuel said...

It is colder than normal here right now. It sucks. At least our cars are parked inside and I don't have to scrape ice. I heard we had record lows though...

Anonymous said...

OMFG! It was 29..TWENTY NINE degrees here in Texas today! We had ICE and SNOW!! We NEVER get that in November! I just couldn't believe it. The kids even got out of school early. It was just nuts.

Hope you warm up! It's a "dry heat" after all!

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Can't believe we are stilling hanging out with the boobs and butts, we are.

I got back from Key West, where it was in the mid-80s, and it was 18 degrees in East Tennessee last night!

Keep up the "honey doos", it'll pay off in the end!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants