Monday, January 15, 2007

I'm Not Used to This Cold!

What I thought would be an easy slow Monday turned out to the busiest of the year to date. I figured many people would stay home in observance of Martin Luther King's day. The freeway was just as packed and when I got to work a semi was already parked in the pit with a full load of product. To top it off the weather decided to show us what many of you in the east coast already know. I woke up to 19 degrees and that my friends for someone that lives in the desert and is used to the heath was just a tad cold, add to that the fact that my car's driver window only goes half way up and the heater took a dump and yes it definitely was an interesting morning.

We are not used to this kind of cold, call me a wimp but I bundled myself in so many layers that if I would have fallen I would probably roll all over the place. The small lake behind our house was partially covered with ice.

I was watching in the news how the cold wave that hit the country had many places without electricity and with busted pipes. New Your and New Hampshire had it really bad. They were showing how in Colorado cars on the road were not moving as the tires just keps spinning with absolutely no traction at all. Also cars would slide at will because the streets were covered with ice. My heart goes out to those of you that are experiencing the extreme cold.

Yeah, I guess we do have it good here in Phoenix as many of you would trade our weather in an instant and without hesitation.

So, wherever you are stay warm and say brrrrrrrrrr many times.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning! No apologies needed about your "visits"....my player doesn't fit into my sidebar, that's why I have it where it is. I don't post everyday, but I try to put something up at least several times a week.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Yes, it's bitterly cold here too, but we don't have any snow or ice. The weather has been real strange here for the past two months - not much snow and lots of very warm days...not right for Pennsylvania..I was still wearing shorts until a couple of days ago...LOL. I hear it's because of El Ninno, but I think Global Warming has something to do with it too. :<((

All ready for American Idol? Should be another good season.

Cheers!

P.S. Would you like some help restoring your header? I know you have a web assistant (your daughter), but I'd be glad to help...from where I'm sitting, it looks like the graphic file has been disassociated from the filename. In other words, the file got moved. Easy fix!

I have a Photobucket acct. It's free. You can host all your images out there. It's nice as a backup when Blogger refuses to upload your images.

You should check it out when you have some time.

Anonymous said...

we have snow and it is soooo pretty.
Jose you need to toughen up there man. Here in Wisconsin people wear shorts in that weather.
Heck yesterday I saw someone shoveling his driveway in shorts. I wish I had my camera with me. That would of been a great picture don't you think.

Anonymous said...

It's freezing here too. Way colder than usual. It is in the teens overnight. Brrrr....

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants