Friday, January 12, 2007

Life is a Celebration

This year I'm going to highlight our celebrations. Our family is so huge that there isn't a month that won't have at least one. We started the year by going to California to celebrate my brother in law's mom's 80th birthday. This wonderful lady raised six children all by herself and did an extraordinary job.

Her party included a picture slide show that showed her from her teens to the present time. Five of her six children were there and a plethora of grand children and great grand children. Ninety percent of the people in attendance were direct family the rest of us were very close friends of hers.

And so this weekend we will celebrate her sons birthday (my brother in law). On Sunday "carne asada" and "lengua" tacos will be the main dinner at the party. Did I say "carne asada", darn I'm getting hungry already.

Mi sister loves to karaoke, so after a tequila or two we may sings a few songs just to have fun. We will call this celebration #2 for the year.

To me there's nothing like family gatherings, some people hates them but I just can't have enough of them, in most cases there's usually something special to celebrate but I like to get the family together just her the heck of it. I am of the "enjoy them while you can" mentality and I intend to make every minute I am around them a good one.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't get enough of them either Jose. I love family gatherings.

I don't know how much longer I can make it without the Mustang man!

Anonymous said...

I loike family gatherings too. Always a good time!

Chely said...

One of my goals for this year is to provide and attend to more "Family/Friend Gatherings".

I grew up with these kind of gatherings and I long for the "togetherness" they provide.

I hope I can attend more in Arizona this year.

Besitos,

Anonymous said...

I love carne asada. Except that crap taco bell call's carne asada. Yick.

Drink some tequila for me!

Anonymous said...

Ooh this sounds so good, Jose...What about some homemade guacamole too? Oh, I would be there in a second! Wash the carne asadas down with a nice margarita...

OK - so now I made myself hungry! Looks like a bowl of Cheerios before bed for me!

Nice post!

Saludos! (see I remember alittle of my high school espanol!)
HAHA..

Anonymous said...

Hey, just letting you know that for the past couple of times I visited your blog the header image was missing. I reloaded and meanwhile cleared the cash, so I'm quite sure it's not a random thing.

La Bella Lady said...

Well, as a kid, I remember every gathering ended up in somekind of drama. I'm happy that now as my cousins & I have become adults, we make many efforts to spend some quality time and is very rare for it to result in an arguement (not that it never happens).

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants