Friday, February 09, 2007

My Son and I


We used to go to every car show in town, I couldn't get enough with all the hot rods and lowriders, he loved watching the stuffed animals in the car displays. At the car shows it has been a practice to put some stuff animals while displaying your ride, it's better if for some reason the stuff animal represents you in some way.

So our conversations would always be something like, "hey mijo, how do you like that car over there?" and his reply would come "cool dad, what I like the most is the Snoopy sitting on the drivers seat". That was the beauty of going to the car shows together, I knew that something would keep both of us entertained.

I have always had a great relationship with my son. Even now that he is older and up to a few years ago we would still have our yearly outing to go see the big Lowrider Show every time it came to town. But it's been a while since we went to our last one. I always dreamt of having a lowrider, to this day even though I'm a "blue oval guy", my dream car is a 59' Chevy Impala Convertible, but a hardtop would do too. I know my son will smile because he'll think that I may convert to Chevrolet again, but no my dream car may be a Chevy but in the realistic world I see a new Mustang in my garage before I see a Chevy.

I'm getting my car ready for our pancake breakfast and car show at the park on Sunday, and I just can't help but think of those days with my son at the car shows. He unfortunately is a "bow tie" guy and only likes my pony because it's mine, although the couple of times he has driven it had to have been a highlight for him. Yep, he may say no, but I know better.

I drove his old Blazer because he told me it was loud and fast, coming back as I turned into our street and got within his view he said I had a smile from cheek to cheek. I still say the sun was making me make funny faces.

Oh, and now when I display my car a stuffed Joe Cool seats on the driver seat.

6 comments:

Chely said...

Que Cute!

MrManuel said...

Yeah, I used to go to car shows with my dad when I was younger. Been awhile though...

Erin said...

Such a wonderful story and a VERY cute snoopy :)

In case you didn't know, something is going on with your blog - it's crooked for lack of a better word

Erin said...

Thank you for the comment on my room!

But... you need to read the post below it, you had a very important part of my dream that I had!! You didn't even notice :(

lol

La Bella Lady said...

The snoopy looks like you....calm & cool.

Branden & I's most spent moments are at the pool hall & the movies without fail.

pavenecia said...

lo extrañe muchacho lascivo... )pleonasmo entiendo en la imagén... si es en lo que dije :P, lo escribi apuradita ☺)

un abrazo enorme y ojalá supiera ingles para decir algo al respecto de tus post.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants