Monday, February 26, 2007

Second Road Trip

We are back, our second road trip of the year to California was short but sweet. We left Friday afternoon right after work and we got to West Covina at around 10:00 pm. Not too bad, we did gain an hour so that helped too. For the second time we get good road conditions, no accidents and no construction that is a big plus.

On Saturday the girls went downtown in L.A. to look for the dresses, my daughter did find a dress she liked so she bought it, except it needs to be altered so we will have to go back next month to go get it.

My sons, my grandson and I decided to go to visit my son's friend at the Harley Davidson dealership in Glendale, he did not have to twist my arm for that since I'm always game to go see the new bikes. While there his friend hooked us up with some souvenir t-shirts. Every time a visit a dealership I buy one but at $25.00 ea., it was nice to get one for free. Here's my son sizing up a bagger.

After the dealership we went to walk to a local mall in Covina. Imagine that, me in a mall, but what the heck we had nothing better to do.

Sunday we had to head back to Arizona, we left in the afternoon with plenty of time to get back early except we didn't count on NASCAR traffic. Yes got stuck in traffic as the races ended at the time we were passing by Fontana, that was at least an hour delay but we didn't care, the music kept us entertained.

We found a restaurant in Loma Linda some time ago, it's one of those small restaurants that have a 100 item menu so we always stop there to eat. They have the best pastrami, which is what I always want, but you'll find something for everybody there, from chicken strips to carne asada tacos, they have it all.

While passing by Palm Springs the clouds were so low that they look they were going to crush us, to the side the mountains always looked majestic and the wind mills looked like soldiers saluting us as we passed by.

We got home safe and sound at around 10:00 pm. No matter how good a trip it's always nice to get home. Yeah, there's no place like home.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I agree there is no place like home... as much fun a trips can be, I am always glad to come home.

Althought I did have a lot of fun dress shopping. I am so happy to have gotten a dress. Too bad I have to wait a while to actually have it!

Thanks Daddy for taking me!

Erin said...

It sounds fun though! And hey - a free Harley T-shirt? Nothing better right? LOL

Chely said...

Awesome Pictures! I especially like the one with my nephew on the bike.

I'm glad I got to see you guys if only for a few minutes. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding on Saturday. We got home at 8:00 p.m. because we knew you guys were coming over but I got my wires crossed and thought that you guys were going to call us after you arrived from your errands.

Oh well!

Tia Chely

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants