Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Wedding


My son, sporting a special haircut for the occasion.

To me, marriage is the commitment to be with the one you love. To honor and respect, and to love and share. The institution of marriage is a sacred one, but many choose not to honor it and many choose not to even try it. That is all good and fine until something comes up that makes you think, why is it that I am so afraid to sign the piece of paper? Does it make a difference weather I am married or not? I think it does.

Well after give or take nine years of living together with his girlfriend, my son finally got married to her last Saturday. They decided to finally make the union legal at least in the eyes of the law. I for one couldn't be more happy because I do believe in marriage and commitment.

Since we live in Arizona, a desert wedding was planned. Using Papago Park in Phoenix as the background for the ceremony. Papago Park is a good example of the reminder of where we live. Yes, Phoenix is a big city but it's still the desert.











It was a small intimate ceremony, mostly family and a few close of their friends. The highlight of the ceremony was when they exchanged their bows. They wrote their own and some beautiful words were exchanged that brought more than one tear to our eyes.

I wish for my son and his bride all the love and happiness that they deserve, they had already found some hurdles but have also conquered them. Marriage is sharing and working together as one to make their home a happy one.





Click Here!

7 comments:

Twisted Cinderella said...

Congrats to your son! I love his hair cut!

Erin said...

LOL - That hair cut is the best!

It looks like an absolutely beautiful wedding - I wish them much happiness in the coming years :)

Lynda said...

Great hair cut!

I hope he and his wife always find happiness with each other.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a really cool wedding! This was a nice post!

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Nice "do"...nice family pic...can't say the wedding looked cool...'cause it was in the desert!

To a Tennessee boy, the desert is always hot!

Thanks for sharing.

MrManuel said...

My congratulations to your son! Love the haircut!!!

Tara said...

May they have many blessed years together! Great photos!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants