Sunday, November 18, 2007

Bix


I needed a brake from blogging and I found something just as fun if not more. I am still posting pictures on my photo blog but it's my "Joe Cool's Blog" that is taking a little break.

You may have read on my profile that I like to do karaoke but somehow I don't get too many chances to go out to a karaoke place so I found the next best thing. Yes for the past month or so I have been doing karaoke on line. Yahoo joined forces with Bix and they have one of the most fun and exciting sites for us wannabe singers.

At Bix you can create a contest for just about anything, from modeling, to what's the best comic book or comic here, or what's the best car etc. etc. etc. If you can think it you can create it and post it. Well there is a section there at Bix for karaoke and that's where I have been this past month.

Just like in blogging you deal with the same people except at Bix nobody is hiding behind a log name even though we all have it but we all know each other by our real names, it's a super tight family where no one has a bad comment for another, you can sing real shitty and you'll still get awesome uplifting comments, and the reason is that we are all there not for fame and fortune but just for the love of singing, can't be any simpler than that.

Of course anyone can join but if you have a Yahoo account that would be your same password for Bix. Upon joining you can stat commenting on peoples singing or you can start singing yourself all you need is a microphone and you are set. There are people there that don't sing so they just do commenting on anything and everything and trust me it's very addicting, more than blogging has ever been. I have been pleasantly surprised that there are bloggers there too.

Almost immediately after you join you start getting fans, your fan base starts building pretty fast and of course you become fan to other participants. There are some that take this very seriously and have actually been chosen to perform at real venues for money and fame, but the vast majority, the people like me are just there for the fun.

Now here's the challenge, I have been blogging for about a year and a half and I can tell you that I have maybe 15 to 20 blogging friends, you all know who you are, at Bix in about a month I have about 65 friends and I am fan to 68 people. Many of them posting their hellos daily, it's unbelievable the level of friendliness you'll find there. So, I want to invite any of you that may want to hear me sing and laugh a little to come and look for me and visit you don't have to be a member to visit or vote, but you can only post comment or songs if you are a member.

So far every Bix member I have invited to read my blog has made an appearance, let's see if any of my blog friends show up there.

Here's the link to my page for anyone that may want to visit:

http://bix.yahoo.com/person/Joe%20Cool

6 comments:

Unknown said...

im totally excited to check this out, thanks!

Chely said...

Oh yea! I had forgotten that you'd mention this to me.

I will check you out as soon as I get home so that I can turn up the volume=D

Besitos,

Erin said...

I check it out when I get back! I'll miss your blog though - I hope you come back soon :-)

I'm outta here for a week or so, so I just wanted to wish you and your VERY large family a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Wanda said...

I will check it out after Thanksgiving...OK

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

I'll miss you dude, but I'll check on you from time to time.

I'll always be here.

Anonymous said...

I heard about this from josh over at gabbatha. I don't sing EVER but this might be kinda fun. I'll go check it out! Hope your Thanksgiving was great!!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants