Friday, January 25, 2008

Bix, Sims, and Sing Snap

And so once again it's Friday and I'll be posting a couple of songs in hopes that you will enjoy them. There are three websites where you can see (that I know of) and right now I am using all three of them.

Bix


The first one is called "Bix" and I found it by chance through Yahoo. Bix is a lot of fun and an easy site to maintain, there are hundreds of members but as in any club only a core group is there all the time. It's more of a community of people that love to sing and for the most part a fun place to be. However where there's so many people interacting with each other via comments conflict are bound to rise. It is hard for me to believe how in a community of hundreds three or four people can disrupt the harmony amongst the members making it so uninviting for new prospects to even join in, and for current members to feel like staying away for a while. What a shame when adults act worse than kids. But hey, what do you do.


Visit me on Bix.com!



Sims On Stage


Then there's "Simms On Stage". This site is more of a mellow peaceful site. Good selection in music including a few songs in Spanish. Only problem is the recorders tend to get out of sinc once in a while. I have not had any problems as I have discovered some tricks in order to have good or decent recordings.



Sing Snap


The last one is "Sing Snap". This is probably the best out of the three, it has the best song selection and a huge Latin music file. However in order to record there my computer required more adjustments to the sound mixers and now when I go back to bix and Sims my sound is not so good anymore. I have to learn how to set the mixers depending on which site I am using. It is a learning experience. I am still too new at Sing Snap so I really don't know the community there.



So with these three choices my craving for singing is being fulfilled.

7 comments:

Wanda said...

You probably already have a president to your fan club??? But you can consider me a fan and a member of your fan club.

I especially like "Feelings"

Go Joe Cool....!!!!

Jose said...

wanda - yey I have a blogging fan.

TLR said...

Ok Jose, years ago I use to listen to this band called Santa Fe Central. They sang a song called It's Impossible in Spanish. If you ever find yourself singing this song would you please post it so that I might hear it. Your voice would do the justice and I would to hear it again. It's Impossible is abeautiful song and sung in spanish it is all the more beautiful,,,please please please

Tara said...

I'm with Wanda...I'd join ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey! I am on BIX and Snap! I know what you mean about re-adjusting between sites! Wanted to let you know I really enjoyed your music! Keep Singing!! Your Friend, Amy

Jose said...

tlr - I will have to look fot the song, in the meantime enjoy these.

tara - You along with Wanda are just too nice to me. But thanks I know now I have a club of two.

Amy - yeah without a doubt Sing Snap is great but now when I go to bix or Sims the volume levels are all wrong. Grrrrrrr!

Elena said...

No te hagas, Amy, Wanda y yo ya somos tres.
Tambien me gusto mucho "Feelings"
te quedo padre.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants