Monday, October 20, 2008

Short Work Week


Image borrowed from the Internet.



It's a short work week for me, after tomorrow I won't be back to work until next Monday. Of course there's a special occasion, I am so glad you asked. Mi chica and I will be celebrating our 27th wedding anniversary and we decided to take a short trip to beautiful Palm Springs, California. Well, at least I hear it's beautiful, since we have never been we decided that would be a great destination.

So our actual anniversary is on Friday but the celebration will begin on Wednesday. Can some of you my long time readers remember that not too long ago I was letting you all know we were about to celebrate our 25th and we were taking a cruise with the family. Man, how time flies, here we are two years later and it only feels like it happened yesterday.

I have been reading about Palm Springs and it sounds like a great place to visit. I think once upon a time it used to be a popular stop for celebrities but apparently that is not the case now. Made so popular during the Sonny Bono days, Palm Springs was always on the spotlight. I am hoping that we get to see and experience some of that old mystique.

So if any of you has ever been to Palm Springs and has any suggestions as to what to do and where to go please feel free to let me know. Anyway, I will be off line until Friday night so I talk to you all then.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I love the desert, one of my favorite places to be!

Ok, for Karaoke go to the 19th Hole on Washington. It's a blast!

Food, the Elephant Bar or Pacifica or both!
http://www.pacificaseafoodrestaurant.com/

Enjoy a walk along the "river". http://www.theriveratranchomirage.com/

MrManuel said...

Sounds like a great time. Have a wonderful trip and Happy Anniversary!

Unknown said...

Have a great time, cant wait to hear about it

Anonymous said...

YES - I DO remember that, has it been 2 years already???

Wow, well, have a great time in Palm Springs and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Betty F said...

27 years! you're right behind Paul and me!!! I've only been to Palm Springs twice I think for a short visit. I love the down town area. I think you've already gone so I'll just say, I hope you have a fabulous time!!!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants