Sunday, January 24, 2010

Adapating to Changes


The house is quiet at night and so my bad habit of going to bed late is slowly changing. There's only so much computer and TV I can do so going to bed earlier than I was accustomed is kind of a new trend with me. The downside is that by 6:30 or seven in the morning I'm up and awake. Yes definitely not the Melo style at all.

So Saturday again I woke up at 6:00 a.m. I told myself I would be crazy to get up that early on a Saturday so I convinced myself to stay in bed. Then I woke up at seven, again I told myself, "Self stay in bed" and so I did. Then I woke up at 7:30 and I finally gave up so I got up and that was that.

First thing was to make me a coffee, umm coffee in the morning is the best. Then I went to the computer to check on facebook and emails but the Internet wouldn't open so I decided to go and take a bicycle ride. It was nippy at first eventually I warmed up, my hands remained cold throughout the whole ride tho. I would say about an hour and a half later I was back at home.

I came home and showered and then I was out to get me a haircut. After that went to check a new gym that just opened, and then I went back home. My gardener came to do my grass and so I run to the bank to get him his cash. Wow, I did so much and at this point it wasn't even noon.

This are my famous "Huevos a la Mexicana"

I got hungry so Daddy Master Chef got in the kitchen again and cooked himself some "Huevos a la Mexicana" which are totally different from "Huevos Rancheros" It was delicious, as a dessert I got a banana, cut it in little circles and put it in a pan with some butter and I put some sugar on top to get it caramelized. I say that was the perfect lunch. I said it once and I'll say it again, this kid is not going hungry any time soon.

Here it is, lunch and dessert all prepared by yours truly.

I am finding out that I am only cooking for me on Monday afternoon and Saturday morning, the rest of the week my mom and Michelle have my back. Oh my Sister Elena hooks me up with dinner after mass. I know I am just one lucky son of a gun, but what can I say, they love me, they really love me.

I also attacked the kitchen tonight. I decided I would make me some lunch for tomorrow. The plan was to make "Huevos con ejotes y chorizo" (Eggs with string beans and chorizo) I had already started cooking when I noticed that my can opener was gone, a quick phone call confirmed my suspicions. Yes, Michelle had taken it so a quick thinking mind such as mine adjusted to the situation really quickn and opted with Huevos con chorizo, onions and a salsita to die for that my sister gave me last week.

So... Anybody out there reading this I'll appreciate your recipes for an easy yet tasty lunch for Saturday or dinner for Monday. I am usually really good a following directions. I want to try different dishes and I am willing to be my own guinea pig and trying them on me first. lol

And this is my lunch for Monday at work. Again, mi chica would be proud.


.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I am proud of you. I do think you need some recipes too... you make only eggs! Okay and you made meat one time.

And I do love cooking for you. You appreciate anything I give you. Anything new I try you are willing to eat it! Unlike my husband that is so picky and only eats a handful of things. Ugh.

Good job Fajah!

Unknown said...

Ricotta and berry pancakes

Ingredients (serves 4 but you can freeze the mix for the next cooking day!)

* 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
* 1 tablespoon honey
* 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
* 3 eggwhites
* 2/3 cup skim milk
* olive oil cooking spray
* 200g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
* 250g strawberries, hulled, halved
* 150g blueberries
* 2 tablespoons Queen Pure Maple Syrup

1. Sift flour into a bowl. Add husks left in sieve. Using a fork, beat honey, vanilla, eggwhites and milk in a jug until well combined. Pour into flour mixture. Stir to a smooth batter. Stand for 10 minutes.

2.Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup batter into pan. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until small bubbles appear on surface. Turn over. Cook for 1 minute or until cooked through. Remove pancake to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing pan between pancakes.
3. Place pancakes on plates. Top with ricotta and berries. Drizzle with maple syrup and serve.

Delish!

ChrisJ said...

Ooops! Sorry Jose. I'm not the one to turn to for cooking advice. I hate cooking and only eat because I have to -- unless it's chocolate! You'd think I'd be skinny but I'm not. I blame the medication!!!

Jose said...

MIchelle I only had eggs in my refrigerator remember, you member. Besides my mom never cooks eggs, she gives me all those fancy foods I so love. And you, you cook totally different, good but different so I being the great chef I am will make me huevitos which I can combine with almost anything. Ummm Que rico!

Chris, don't worry, perhaps you can paint me another paiting with food. lol

And tas thanks for the recepy. I will definitely try it as soon as I get the ingredients.

catscratch said...

GRUB!

You should find me on facebook!!
I'm not too addicted, but I'm able to keep up with everybody there :)
Search for me under Rhonda Howe-Kidwell
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

I KNOW your Chica is proud of you Jose! I like that you are writing a journal... maybe some day a book of this unwelcome journey you're on.. How much we grow from your writings and how others might someday read about your journey, to help with their own.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants