Monday, October 11, 2010

My Fist Time at the Stadium.

Cardinals Stadium.

So, the way I see it, it was only fair that the first time I went to the Cardinal's Stadium to watch them play they would offer me a big win. Not only did they play good but they played against a good team, add to that the fact that they had a rookie quarter back which made the win that much sweeter.

I won't give you a play by play narration here because as you all know I am not a big fan of sports but I am a fan of a good outing with good company and Sunday's game provided just that.

I didn't realize that parking at Cardinal's stadium was such a nightmare. All this crap about color coordinated parking all other's get out got old right away. We winded out parking far away at a bank's parking lot. We started our long walk and then we decided to take a ride in one of those bikes that go up and down all day long.

Since I don't have a working camera I thought it would be a good idea to take my small camcorder. Bad idea! As I got to the gate I was told the camera could not go in which meant walking over a mile back to the car. Well, it had to be done so it didn't make sense to cry about it.

On my way back to the stadium I found out my team was down by 10 points already and the game had just barely started. I just kept my faith that they would do good. Add to that the fact that I was walking through a Saint's fan area and I was wearing a Cards jersey.

Wow, once inside the stadium I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it is. I have had a couple of chances to go in when it was brand new but unfortunately I had to pass them up, but I finally made it.

The beer was nice and cold, if you are hungry I suggest the "Macho Nachos" and they even had churros, too bad I was pretty full so I couldn't sample them.

All in all, a good day out and about. Got to see the inside of the stadium, exercised by walking about four miles going back and forth and realized that I hate traffic and with the thousands of fans leaving the stadium at the same time there was traffic, lots of it.

One happy Cardinal's fan. Woohoo!

Oh and yes, today my legs hurt from all that walking.

.

1 comment:

Wanda said...

Oh Jose I so enjoyed this post and your descriptions of everything. The last time we went to a Dodger game it was with friends who have a Pass to park in an area very, very close to the entrance of the stadium. That is so nice.... My legs would have been killing me.

Love your new hair-do!! Quite stunning!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants