Friday, July 14, 2006

Surprise for a "Fool"


Back in the 80’s there were two catch phrases said by a certain individual that I’m sure was liked by most even though he wasn’t really an actor, or wrestler, or sports star or anything like that but if you hear the phrases “I Pity the Fool”, or “Be Somebody… Or be Somebody’s Fool” I’m sure you’ll start thinking “Rocky III” and “The "A" Team”. Yes after all this years of being in obscurity (at least in my world) Mr. T came back into my mind and the insane thing is that my two grandsons the double Ds “Ducko” and Diego were the ones to bring him back into my mind. Not necessarily their choice as much as it was their respective parents the ones to blame for my going down memory lane 80’s flashback.

It’s Friday afternoon, it’s well over 110 degrees and the one day I forgot my house keys, I got home rang the bell and to my disappointment there’s no one home, there’s nine of us in this house there’s always somebody here but not today so I wait by the garage to see who comes home first.

After a good 50 minutes Lolo’s car turns around the corner and heads for our driveway, to my surprise it's “mi chica” behind the wheel, the guys went to her place of work and traded cars with her so they could take off mall hopping. Oh my savior is home and she is more than willing to let me in the house so I can cool down but… “Wait my house key is in my keychain and this one does not have one” she said, so much for cooling down.

Well Fridays is usually our day to go out and eat so we figure eating at a nice cool restaurant beats standing in front of our garage door so off we go; besides I was starving and needed the nourishment. Once there while waiting for our food mi chica tells me that the kids have a surprise for me but they have sworn her to secrecy so I don’t even get a glimpse of what it could be. I threw out a few guesses but was told repeatedly that I was cold, cold, and cold again.

We finished eating and I asked mi chica to find out where the kids were by calling them on the cell phone, it turned out they had just gotten to Wal*Mart so we decided to go and meet them there to pick up the house keys. We got there and as I saw both my sons in law I greeted them with my favorite cuss word “what up fools” then out of the aisles my "surprise" jumped out, all I could say is “ahhh the beauty of being young and beautiful”

As for Mr. T, thanks for letting me know that it is cool to call anybody “fool”, even though I already had to explain to Diego that “fool” is a grown up word, and he is too young to say it. Yep I walked in once and said “what up little fool” and kissed him, his reply was “what up big fool” Oops! – Do you think that I have some explaining to do…? Not. That’s why I hold the title of GRANDPA.

"Click Here Fool" and you will see what my surprise was.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As usual I am not surprised with what "my baby" comes up with. However, I am pleasantly amazed. I do believe that our two cuties are much prettier than Mr. T!!

Nikki Darling said...

I must agree with my mom. My son is a heck of a lot prettier than Mr. T! Haha. And I so wish I could have been there to see your face...im sure it was priceless!

Ahh, this is just one of those times that'll go down in the Melo history book huh?

Anonymous said...

Oh my GOD!!!!

As for the story, "hilarious" as usual.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants