Saturday, July 22, 2006

Tidbits

Well yesterday was another record day here in Phoenix, our official temperature for Phoenix was 117 degrees. This was the first time in 10 years that we hit this mark again and they said in the news it’s only going to get worse over the weekend. So while I was going home driving in beautiful clear skies our neighbors in Tempe and Mesa had monsoons complete with heavy winds and heavy rains… go figure! Just in case you are wondering if you are not from Phoenix the record is still 122 degrees on June 26, 1990. It was our welcome to Arizona as we had just moved from Hacienda Heights, California.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well it’s official, I will be wearing glasses soon, even though I don’t need them that bad my eyesight is starting to get tired. I totally need them for reading and for night driving too. A funny thing happened while I was trying them out, as I put a pair on to see if I liked the style, I thought I kinda looked like Clark Kent but amazingly when I took them off my resemblance to Superman was undeniable. Jeez what a pair of glasses can do. My reading glasses from Walgreens $20.00 dollars for two. These suckers from Lens Crafters $280.00 (What the hell, do they see by themselves?) “Mi chica” telling me she’ll kick my butt if I lose them, break them, or not wear them… Priceless!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Take notice, I have added Google Adds. Do not be afraid to click on them to see what they’re all about, that’s why I put them there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kudos to the following people for visiting my blogs and posting your comments which in turn are the fuel for me to keep writing:

First and foremost to “Mi Chica” Love ya baby! (You complete me)

And then to…

Also my kinda regulars:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome. I love your blog! Thanks for being a "regular" on mine, too!

Like I told your daughter, I love that your family blogs together. That's so freakin' cool!

Jose said...

Yeah, we are a pretty tight bunch. I'm glad you met my daughters they are the best.

Michelle said...

Thanks Daddy... you're the best too!

Chely said...

RE: Record day in Phoenix - This sounds terrible but as I said previously, these record heat waves have arrived in California.

Thank God my family & I where in Ensenada on Saturday only withstanding 103 degrees because here in California my mother-in-law suffered through a RECORD 114 degrees!

This is RIDICULOUS weather for us. Remember...We DON'T HAVE Air Conditioning and to top it off, it rained! You can just imagine the Humidity :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RE: Official Eye Grass Wearer

The last time my mom was in California we went to our Friendly “99c Store” and I came across some magnified-plastic-reading glasses. I grabbed a pair and my mom asked me why I was purchasing them? I told her that they were a "Back-Up" for Fide (Joe's middle name). "Back-Up for what?" she asked. “Karaoke Singing!”, I said.

Every time he comes to my house, he forgets them and has a hard time reading the lyrics on the CD's, so now I'm prepared, I said.

So congratulations on your $280 dollar purchase and I'll root for Sylvia to kick your butt if you loose them or forget them next time you’re in town!

Besitos,

Nikki Darling said...

Not a problem dad! Even though Im always late =D!

Anonymous said...

your welcome tio. i try to come regularly but sometimes i forget. haha i love to read your blog it always makes me laugh.- Maryita

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants