Wednesday, August 02, 2006

God's Greatest Gifts

I thought that our kids were life’s greatest gifts, but then grandchildren came and pretty much voided that notion. I believe there is nothing more precious than to hear the little ones run, scream, and fight all over the house, this only means that they are healthy and full of life.

Mi chica and I have been blessed with five of them so far, each one unique and special to us. We raised three of our own and I think we did a fairly good job at raising them, yes someone out there may fight me on this one but our kids were and still are special and no matter what there’s no way we are parting ways in any way, shape, or form. So to this day for us our kids are still very special.

Unfortunately they’re no longer our little kids as they all decided to make their own life, oh yeah they were going to conquer the world and move on to bigger and better things, or at least that what the plan. So why is it that they are all living with us, why is it that we still have to be the parental units to them but they won’t act as our kids no more. Yeap that’s kids for you, they will never begin to understand what being on their own is until they try it.

I thank God because he sent me three good kids, compared to what I see out there, and what I see on TV, I shouldn’t complain because we were pretty lucky in that sense. So now I see these little ones running around the house and it feels me with joy and there’s nothing that makes me happier than to know they are here with us.

So let it be know that there’s nothing that disappoints me more than to come into my house and not be greeted by them because “they were bad” because at that point the punishment is not only for the kids but also for us. At three and two these kids cannot be that bad and fighting with each other is something that we will have to get used to as they are boys and they will have to rid of their energy somehow.

I believe it’s the parent’s job to monitor and teach kids good behavior, and the grandparent’s job to spoil the hell out of them. Mi chica and I are doing our part. I just hope our kids learn to do theirs.

I remember my kids were always priority one, and mi chica was always ready to protect them against the whole world if necessary. I just hope my son and daughters return the same favor to their own kids.

There’s nothing more important than a child’s happiness, which in turn becomes our happiness.

All I ask is do not deprive me of hugging my grandchildren as soon as I come into my house, unless of course they fell asleep on their own.

1 comment:

Chely said...

Ahh, how sweet!

Food for thought...How about if once in a while you share with us the hardships you've endured with your kids? I think it'd be educational.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants