Saturday, September 30, 2006

Back To Reality

And so in just a blink of the eye the ship docked in San Pedro and the trip was over. Where did time go? How did it swoosh over my head so fast? And yet I know I was there because there are some undeniable things that show that for five nice relaxing days we were sailing. From "racoon faces" to clothing that won't fit properly around the waist... (ummm I wonder why?) And now as the last leg of the trip approaches, we prepare to drive back to Avondale and back to reality.

I need to design a diet plan to lose some of the pounds gained due to the eating frenzy that is cruising, they keep the food coming and they just don't stop. Yes we tried to burn some of it dancing, and running all over the ship, or swimming, but what little exercise we did just wasn't enough because just around the bend there was another restaurnt wainting for us.

As a matter of fact while in Ensenada, after visiting "La Bufadora" we all decided to go and eat fish and shrimp tacos (as if we hadn't eaten enough), but the truth is that if you go to Ensenada you must eat fish and shrimp tacos, they are the best. We were lucky to have a family member drive us around town since he lives there and happens to drive a taxi for a living, one of his buddies let him use his mini bus which was perfect to carry all 19 of us, only one sit was left open, so instead of having a head count each time to make sure we were all there and no one stayed behind we just look for an open space and we knew we were all there.

Another plus in this trip was having my in-laws borther join us in Ensenada. He decided that he would drive all the way from Phenix (a 6-hour drive) to join us there to spend the day with us. To some that may sound crazy, but to us it was another way of expresing family unity and if some of our ideas are crazy, well then so be it. The outcome is just plain unadulterated fun.

We are a picture taking bunch, I think combined we took close to 2000 pictures if not more, as soon as we came back my sister uploaded all the memory sticks into her computer and it took four separate CDs to get them all burned, plus an additional one to get all the little movie files. I will be posting a lot of them in my "Arizona... But it's dry heat!" blog, so after Monday please come and visit, there will be many beautiful shots displayed there.

Until then, have a nice weekend and I'll be back on line Monday ready to do some BOTBs.

4 comments:

La Bella Lady said...

Welcome ALL back :) It soundes like you all had FUN and ate pleasently. God Bless!!!!

p.s. Thank you for not leaving 'My Chely' behind!

Erin said...

Sounds great! I can't wait to see the pictures!

MrManuel said...

La Bufadora, I have pictures of me there! I can't say I had tacos there though. Glad you had a good trip...

Jose said...

Lori - Too bad the fun had to end, and yes there was plenty of food.

Erin - I'm already posting them on both blogs, hope you like them.

Mr Manuel - It was fun to wait for the water to shoot up so we could take the pictures. If you like fish and shrimp then you must try the tacos next time.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants