Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Is It That Time Again?

Sitting here battling what seems to be the beginning of the flu and thinking what am I doing here? I should be home in bed under the warm covers and under the spell of a "medicinal" shot of tequila with a twist of lemon and a splash of honey. But that is not to be; unfortunately my receiving clerk had a day off which means I have to cover his position, so I'm stuck here for the duration. With a little luck it will be one of those busy days that somehow make the day seem shorter, as we have been in a slow slump the days just drag, cross your fingers so that is not the case today.

It never fails, in Arizona we go straight from summer to winter and as soon as an indication of weather change happens everybody starts getting sick. The flu shot is heavily promoted here but I choose not to take it, when I get sick I'm usually OK within two days although I haven't gotten the flu in two years, I have been lucky that way. I will self prescribe the miracle medicine also known as aspirin. It seem that aspirin cures whatever ails me, and so together with a warm bowl of chicken soup I should be good as new in no time.

Fortunately I can tuck myself in my office as to stay away from everyone since I don't want to start an epidemic, the last think I need more people calling in sick because I passed it to them. So if anyone out there has a remedy that will rival my tequila shot and that I can take while at work please let me know, I'm all ears and open to suggestions.

In the meantime, stay healthy and don't catch the bug yourself.

6 comments:

Lana said...

go home and get better.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Sounds to me like you got it covered - but I prefer whiskey, especially for sore throat pain.

I suppose the reason the flu shot being pushed so hard out there, is the same as in Florida...lots of old people like me there!

Take care.

Elena said...

Pobrecito!
No te preocupes, el tequilita con miel y limon esta muy bien, pero tomate dos o tres. Si no te cura por lo menos vas a poder cantar kareoke y ademas tambien te vas a emborachar.
Cuidate mucho.

MrManuel said...

I actually am a quick recovery kind of guy. I was sick Sunday, especially at night, but by Monday morning, I was fine again. Bless my healthy body!

Chely said...

I hear you.

A couple of people at the office are sick already and I'm begining to feel my throat hurting.

I wish I could send you some of my friend Martha's "Natural Healing Medicines". They have chili and they work!

Nevertheless, take care:)

Your lil' sister

Erin said...

Awwwww, hope you feel better real soon!!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants