Saturday, October 21, 2006

It Wasn't my Surround System

It was an absolutely gorgeous day outside but I'm inside instead watching "Batman the Beginning". The surround system as usual gives you that sense of being in the actual movie and not just being an spectator, sounds travel from one speaker to the other and the subwoofer is tirelessly going boom, boom, boom and as I'm watching the scene where Batman is running from the cops in a long cop chase the sounds somehow got louder and more pronounced and I'm thinking damn my over ten year old system still kicks ass.

But then my wife comes into the den and goes did you see them? "See what baby?" I asked, the planes they passed flying over our house twice already and those suckers were loud. Ahh! And here I am thinking my surround system still kicks ass and then I realized that my surround was disconnected when my wife complained about it since the speakers rest by the wall that is directly behind our bed's headboard.

Needless to say we all run out to see what was going on, and to my amazement there was some sort of an aerial show going on a couple of miles away from us and we could see all the aerial maneuvers and low flying passes right from the comfort of our back yard. I don't know if it was the Blue Angels or just the Air Force planes from Luke Air Force Base but these pilots are awesome and the planes were loud.

You can't help but wonder how those pilots do what they do, to fly with such presission and to make it look as easy as they do. Ballet in the sky is what it is, their engines are the music, the sky their stage. And when they finally stopped flying over my house, I got up from the chair I sat on, bowed my head, prayed for the soldiers in harms way, and then gave them a standing ovation.

I took out the camera but the sun was against me, I doubt I took one good shot but I tried. I have not seen them yet but I hope that at least one came out.

7 comments:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Maybe they were the Air Force Thunderbirds.

I'm sure the guys appreciate your prayer...we all should do more of that.

Chely said...

You are too funny! Your "Surround System" story reminds me of my mother in law.

Hector told me a story that back in the early 80's his family and him were all watching a movie one day. It was an action/adventure movie and the scene they were watching had to do with a bomb that some cops were trying to dismantle. They were being vary careful and they were all in suspense when suddenly, "Kaboom!!!" They all jumped out of their seats and fell on the floor because the explosion sounded very loud and real.

The fact was that my mother in law had placed an egg in a pot and was boiling it and she got caught up watching the movie. The water evaporated so the egg exploded all over the kitchen at the same time the cops cut the wires! =D

On a serious note, thanks for reminding us to pray for our troops, some of us tend to forget to do so.

Lana said...

Happy click and comment Monday.

Nikki Darling said...

"Ni-Kol Ni-Kol Look!! -Gasp!-"

Ducky had fun. I wish I could have taken him though!

Jose said...

Mushy - I found out today it was The Blue Angels.

Chely - You know how much I liked my surround sound, but now I have to keep it down. However your story about the egg had me laughing, Did the house smelled like rotten egg? Just sayin'.

Bozette - Happy C&C Monday to you too.

Nikki - Maybe next year. He'll be older and will appreciate it better.

Anonymous said...

I love air shows, but I can't imagine being in one. I get thrown around enough by the g-forces in my twenty-years-past-its-prime sedan...no afterburner for me.

MrManuel said...

Those guys who do those airshows are crazy. I know they are rained professionals, but what a scary thing to do. That had to be a great view from your yard though...

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants