Monday, November 27, 2006

The Countdown

Howdy ya all, I'm back. I hope everyone had a terrific Thanksgiving Weekend and that not only did you have some turkey and ham but also good company and many things to be thankful for.

So my goal was to last at the very least one full day on http://www.25peeps.com/r/2180 but to my surprise I'm still there, thanks to all of you that have been visiting and clicking on my thumbnail, should you feel so inclined to keep doing it be my guest, your clicks will be greatly appreciated.

Also my co-pilot seat is empty at the moment so don't be shy and bid.

Every year my wife's family comes over to our house to spend Thanksgiving with us, it's been a 15-year tradition for them to come from California and it is one of the holidays I really look forward to. We get along so well that I think this tradition will continue for many years to come. Now my side of the family is also here but it is almost impossible to divide ourselves into two so unfortunately we don't spend this day with them, however with the exception of my younger sister I see them all year long.

Now with the weekend behind us it's time to focus towards Christmas. Without a doubt Christmas is the best time of the year for me, I love what it represents and I love the fuzzy warm feeling that comes with it, granted the commercialization of it has twisted it's meaning but it is up to you to uphold what Christmas really means.

As far as the children go, I love to see them get all excited. My daughters set the Christmas tree up this weekend and the kids keep going back and forth to see it, if they didn't take grandpa (namely me) to see the tree about 20 times, then they didn't take me at all. The sparkle in their eyes tell me they are ready for Christmas, this year they understand more as Diego is now 3 1/2 and "Ducky" will be two in less than a month.

I look forward to watching all those Christmas movies that they show on Life Channel, year after year I love to see the repeats and every so often they surprise me with some new ones, I prefer the made for TV Christmas movies than the big theatrical releases.

So the countdown begins, so it's up to you. Love Christmas for what it represents and not for what it has become.

4 comments:

Elena said...

Hi extrager, que bueno que tuviste un happy thanksgiving.

Ya sabes que la familia de Alfredo estuvo aqui. Siempre es un placer volver a ver a la fam.

Te veo pronto.

I love you.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Yes, Jesus is the reason for the season, even though he wasn't born in December!

Just wanted to let you know that the first pic on 25peeps is not boobs...it's her butt! OMG...I knew it didn't smell right!

Anonymous said...

This is my favorite time of the year too! The colors, the weather, the feeling, christmas carols and hot cocoa. I just love it! The cozing up and 5 blankets on the bed. yay!

MrManuel said...

I love the whole family aspect of Christmas, but I have to admit, as a 28 year old guy who acts like he is 10, I love the gifts too. [hangs head in shame]

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants