Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Culture Outing

As some of you may know my daughter is going to school and is majoring in Graphic Design. She is on her second year and so far she has learned so much and has done many cool projects that have shown me she'll be OK after she gets her degree.

The current look my blog has was designed by her in a matter of minutes and I think I will keep it for another while before I bug her with a new template.

She got an assignment that involved a trip to the museum, so yesterday her and I and little "Ducko" took a field trip and got some culture. I had not been to a museum in more than 30 years so going to Phoenix Art Museum yesterday was a nice change from the daily routine. Of course I had to play hooky from work but it was well worth it.

Art is definitely in the eye of the beholder, art comes in many shapes forms and sizes, there were so many pieces there that deserve to be admired but I the same time I saw many art pieces that left me saying, shit I can do better than that, but even if I could the chances my work would be displayed in a museum are zero to none.

The Native American Art section was one of my favorites. Indian art and displays are full of life and color, and every painting told a story just by looking at it. Another favorite of mine was the Children Art section, "Ducko" my almost two-year grandson displayed some talent, we left one of his masterpieces hanging in one of the walls, oh my little artist, it must run in the family.

So with a renewed outlook on what art is we came back home after walking for a good three hours through the different exhibits, we took some pictures but I don't have the jpegs with me so I can't share them with you at this time, but I'll try and post some of them as soon as I can. One thing is for sure, I learned that the blogging world is like one of the many wings in the museum. The blog is the canvas and what we put into it from template desing to writing input is the art. Everyday I see new template designs and it seems to me that the designers are constantly outdoing themselves.

Now that I have received a good doze of culture in the form of art I'm back to work, it was good taking the day off and spending it with my daughter and grandson.

4 comments:

Nikki Darling said...

I wouldn't have picked anyone else to go with me dad!

xoxo!!

Elena said...

Bien hecho. Pudiste haberte tomado el dia para cualquier otra babosada, sin embargo el arte en sus diferentes formas y efectos aumentan tu cultura y eso ya es mucho decir.
Espero ver tus fotos.

Besos.

Chely said...

No wonder there were no blogs yesterday. I checked 3 times!

Museums hold a special place in my heart as well. I remember when my dad used to take us in Mexico and in Los Angeles.

Just yesterday, April and I were discussing the great Museums of Anthropology in Mexico City. I pointed out to her that it is a dream of mine, to one day take all three of my daughters there.

A couple of years ago, Thalia took us to the Huntington Museum in Los Angeles and we had a ball!

I'm glad you three had the opportunity to experience this yesterday. It is "The Max"! These are some of the outings our kids will never forget.

Erin said...

It sounds wonderful! Nikki sounds liek a wonderful daughter ;)

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants