Monday, December 18, 2006

Christmas My Favorite Time

To me, Christmas is without a doubt the best and happiest time of the entire year and it has nothing to do with buying stuff, there are better presents that can be given than those that you have to pay for.

Think about it, if you are holding a grudge, during Chirstmas it's easier to let it go and let bygones be bygones. It's a lot easier to say I'm sorry and to ask for forgivenes. It's something in the air, it's the spirit of the season, the spirit and the meaning of Christmas. People come together and celebrate in many ways, and the mood is festive for the most part.

I love watching Christmas movies because they get me more into the spirit of it. It's obvious that I'm not the only person to have this feelings, every movie I watch has that warm fuzzy feeling and someone must have felt them to put them down in writing and then on the screen, sure it's show business but what I like is the principle of the whole thing. Also I get to fantasize as to what it would be like to spend Christmas in other places. It may sound crazy but I have never had a white Christmas. I have only lived in Southern California and in Phoenix and both these places don't get the white stuff, so hopefuly at least once in my life I'll get to experience a white Christmas.

The gifts are nice, but sometimes we blow things out of proportion, a gift doesn't have to be expensive, sometimes if you make it yourself it's even better. Give them from your heart and they'll be trasured forever.

I'm not one for wishes but as long as God keeps allowing me to have my health and my family near me, that's all I need, together we will take care of the rest ourselves.

7 comments:

Erin said...

that is so wonderful Jose! I wish more people thought like you ;)

Anonymous said...

Great Post Jose.

Anonymous said...

Christmas means I get to make home made tamales with my family and then stuff my face. What more can you as for?!?!

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

I can't think of a think I need - just that the blessings continue for a little while longer.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking today. Yes I know that is dangerous but any who. My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story. You'll shoot your eye out kid. Fa ra ra ra Merry Christmas.
I would like to see you in them there cute little bunny PJ's.

Anonymous said...

Amen. I love my family most of all, and could do without 8 weeks of commercialization before I see them. But I gotta admit...deep down I do enjoy the gifts... :)

Anonymous said...

Great post, and I love your blog!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants