Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Christmas Throught Their Eyes

GRANDKIDS




Sure, Christmas is highly commercialized but this bunch doesn't know any different so I will concentrate on seeing Christmas through their eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~

'Twas the night before Christmas and all through the casa, Not a creature was stirring -- Caramba! Que pasa?Los ninos were tucked away in their camas, Some in camisas and some in pijamas.


While hanging the stockings with mucho cuidado in hopes that old Santa would feel obligado to bring all children, both buenos and malos, a nice batch of dulces and other regalos.
Outside in the yard there arose such a grito that I jumped to my feet like a frightened cabrito. I ran to the window and looked out afuera, and who in the world do you think quien era?


Saint Nick in a sleigh and a big red sombrero came dashing along like a crazy bombero. And pulling his sleigh instead of venados were eight little burros approaching volados.
I watched as they came and this quaint little hombre was shouting and whistling and calling by nombre "Ay Pancho, ay Pepe, ay Chucho, ay Beto, Ay Chato, ay Chopo, Macuco, y Nieto!"


Then standing erect with his hands on his pecho he flew to the top of our very own techo. With his round little belly like a bowl of jalea, he struggled to squeeze down our old chiminea,
then huffing and puffing at last in our sala, with soot smeared all over his red suit de gala, He filled all the stockings with lovely regalos-- for none of the ninos had been very malos.


Then chuckling aloud, seeming very contento, he turned like a flash and was gone like the viento. And I heard him exclaim, and this is verdad, Merry Christmas to all, and Feliz Navidad!

11 comments:

Lana said...

Merry Christmas Jose.
Very well done thank you.

Chely said...

This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Cool!

I loved it. I'll make sure to share it with my girls.

I do need to start getting in the Christmas Spirit.

So, Thank You!

Merry Christmas y Feliz Navidad

Besitos,

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

In case I forget it later, Feliz Navidad to you as well my friend.

MrManuel said...

I hope to one day give my parents grandkids to celebrate the holidy with...

Erin said...

That was awesome! I loved it!

Your grandkids are soooo precious, I love the innocence!

Anonymous said...

OMG! That was GREAT! Oh, and your grandbabies are SO FREAKIN' CUTE! How sweet! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful grandchildren. Now can you translate for me? I only speak South Georgia English.

Anonymous said...

I love it! And the grandkids are cuties :)

Elena said...

Me encanta esta cosa que escribiste, ya la habĂ­a leido antes y es bien chistosa. Deverias traducir las palabras que estan en espanol para la gente que no conose ni una palabra como ya te habras dado cuenta en los comentarios.

Tus nietos son tan hermosos que a todos les encuentro parecido conmigo. Ja ja ja.

I love you

Lana said...

Just wondering if you got your package?

Jose said...

bozette - Merry Christmas to you too. Thanks!

chely - Yeah, I know it's old but it's also funny and this is the perfect time to post it.

mushy - Feliz Navidad to you tambien. Someone is becoming bilingual just by reading my blog, wow!

mrmanuel - grandkids are the best, as you can see I have 5 already and love them all. They are my sunshine.

erin - Thank you. Your kid is awesome too.

becky - You so crazy, meme woman thanks again.

jess - They are beautiful aren't they. Twas' the night before Christmas and all trhough the house, nobody was... and so on.

charlotte - I concur

elena - Te quiero mucho pero no me los pases a fregar. je je je

boxette - I will have to check my mailbox today. Thank you though, I'll keep you posted.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants