Friday, December 29, 2006

I Am Not Old!

Am I the only one that hasn't change to Beta? I am only 47 years old, so why do I feel conscious about my age when I log into Blogger? Could it be because now I have to choose how to log in and I always have to choose "Old Blogger", it must be. Anyway I have not change to the new format, those of you that have let me know if I should do it. I am just so used to this format and I am a creature of habit, but 47 is not that old so I wish I could log in by choosing "Young Blogger" instead of "Old Blogger".

Well, this is probably my last post for the year. 2006 has been a good year for my family and me; we had some meaningful celebrations including my Silver Wedding Anniversary. We had our usual trips to California for parties and what not and our yearly trip to Knott's Berry Farm for the Fabulous Fords Forever car show. But the highlight of the year was our 5-day cruise to Ensenada-San Diego-Catalina Island. This was our celebration trip for our Wedding Anniversary and 17 relatives including my Mom, my daughters and son and their spouses and my sister and her posse joined us. The trip was probably one of the best experiences of the year and one we are still talking about.

Work has also been good, this year marked my 16th year with the company, so far it has been a great partnership, and it seems that I will be here for a few more years.

One day surfing the net I discovered a web site called "Idol Blog", this is an interactive forum that talks about nothing buy "American Idol". In one of the many comments Angie from "Ficken Chingers" said she had her own blog, I visited it and found out how it worked and the rest is history, Joe Cool's Blog was born and so far I still enjoy the hell out of it. As you all know I have no theme, no meaning, no rhyme, I just write about anything and everything that I may be going through at any particular time, some of you have been nice enough to visit my blog over and over again and it's safe to say that I had made some very nice friends over the last six months.

I don't foresee my blog going into a particular direction, I will still continue to write and make no since, so far it has worked just fine. I will however ask my daughter just as soon as we get internet at home to come up with a different template, but that may still take a while. Thankfully I have Internet at work and that has allowed me to stay in touch with you all.

As my lunch hours is almost over and we are going to be kicked out of here pretty soon I want to take this opportunity to wish you all a very HAPPY NEW YEAR, may you all have a safe and fun celebration weather you go out or stay home and I am so looking forward to "seeing you" in the blogosphere in 2007. I really appreciate all of your comments, I have made many changes in my blog as per your suggestions and input and I hope you will continue to help me with your suggestions in the comment section.

Our celebration will take place at my sister's house. I'm sure there will be plenty of food and for entertainment we will be karaoking our asses off so without anything further to say, I will just log off and say once again...


HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

13 comments:

Biker Betty said...

Happy New Year to You. I am still using the "old" blogger. I hope that's not a reflection of me (turning 47 in January), YIKES, lol. I like to think that my motorcycle and my family keep my young. I am actually considering converting. I like the categories you can save your posts in for easy reference later. So, sometime in early 2007, I will most likely convert, lol.

Anonymous said...

OMG I didn't know you and I are the same age.
I just changed to Beta Blogger and had to do all my invites again.
You are only as old as you feel and some days I feel 110.
Happy New Year Jose.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Hey, I'm still an old blogger too!

Happy New Year to you too my friend.

Erin said...

Just a quick note to let you know I moved - it may or may not be temporary, but for now this is where I'll be - www.meandmatt.blogspot.com

Happy New Year Jose!!!

And I'm totally using the old one too ;)

Erin said...

Ooops - I left the wrong address for everyone - it is www.meandmatt2.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Feliz Ano Nuevo....was I even close? After 4 semesters of Spanish in collge, it's sad that I don't know how to speak it very well.

Either way..Happy New Year, my friend. It's great knowing you!

Anonymous said...

Go for it, Jose! I made the switch and have had no problems whatsoever.It was painless. :)

Happy New Year!!

See you over at Idolbloglive!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year senor.

Anonymous said...

I tagged you stop by and check it out.

Thao said...

I haven't changed over to "New Blogger" either. I'm stubborn that way. No one moves my cheese!

Nikki Darling said...

"I am only 47 years old, so why do I feel conscious about my age when I log into Blogger? Could it be because now I have to choose how to log in and I always have to choose "Old Blogger"..."

Loool dad you're too funny!

Unknown said...

Found your blog though Biker Betty. You're a hoot! I'm really enjoying your blog....loved what you wrote about the OLD versus NEW Blogger. Frankly I think Blogger is a PITA...if you catch my drift. I've been trying to migrate over to the NEW one and it keeps telling me it's "not ready for me"..LOL...I'm 55 - maybe I'm too much woman for Blogger to handle, eh?

Thanks for the great post. Mind if I add you to my blogroll?

Happy Saturday!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants