Friday, January 19, 2007

Mi Familia

When you get news of a noteworthy happening it probably makes your day. Yesterday "mi chica" sent me an email that made my day, the header read "Hola Granpa" I guess she wrote it the way our grandkids pronounce it. Normally her headers say something like "Hola baby" or "Scooby Doo where are you?" She changes the header often to reflect the mood she is in.

When I read the header I didn't think anything of it, after all I am a Grandpa of 5 beautiful buck-a-roos, but upon reading the email her message read "The reason for my header reading Granpa is......You will be a granpa again for the 6th time this year". My first reaction was where are my kids hiding these 5 grandchildren that were born this January? How come I have not been introduced to them yet?

Seems that my son and his better half will be having a baby this year and yes he/she (He has two girls already so we are hoping for a boy) will be our sixth grandkid. My son told "mi chica" that he wants another girl; he said he doesn't want to pay back for what he did to his mom. We keep telling him that paybacks are a bitch.

For me it's nothing but emotion and expectation. I love all my grandkids and I once told my mom that I was marrying young because I wanted to meet my grandkids. It seems to me God has been gracious at granting me that wish.

And so the family keeps growing, there are already packs of little kids running around the house when we have get-togethers and it doesn't seem like it's stopping anytime soon. It's official, "mi chica" and I have the biggest family already with 13 members soon to be 14.

A big congratulations to my son and Jen from Granpa and Jamma!

We love you guys.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I know aren't we all so excited! I am also so happy for my brother and Jen! I am secretly hoping for a boy although I wouldn't mind another girl. But we need to even it up a little don't you think?

Anonymous said...

Dale mis felicitaciones a mi big sobrino y a su esposa nuestros mejores deseos de un feliz arrivo y que sea lo que Dios quiera y les cumpla sus deseos. Los queremos mucho y esperamos verlos pronto.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Live is good to us old farts.

Crystal said...

Congratulations Tio! I cant wait until the baby comes! I am very excited

P.s. - I've written a new post! Pass it on =)

Chely said...

CONGRATULATIONS to Juan and Jen!

A new little bundle of joy, how exciting.

Granpa and Jamma:
One more present under the Christmas tree for 2007!=D

Anonymous said...

Congrats.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That's awesome. I would love to give my parents a grandkid and we have been trying for almost three years now to no avail. I guess it will happen when it will happen...

Erin said...

That is so great!!

Congratulations Granpa ;)

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants