Friday, February 02, 2007

Texting by Touch... Yeah Right!

The other day I heard that California wants to pass a law to make it illegal to text while driving. Do you phone users really do that? Do you really text while driving? Apparently many people do and this practice has been causing many accidents.

I do not own a cell phone (click here for previous post on the subject) and I really get ticked when I see people driving and talking on the phone. The thing is that phones are here to stay, they are no longer only for the rich or middle class people, they are now so affordable that even 10-year olds have their own. Crazy isn't it?

It scares me more when I am riding my motorcycle, you'll be amazed at how many motorcycle accidents are caused by this issue, I myself have been lucky and blessed to have been able to dodge drivers that get into my lane without warning, yes a couple of them have had their phones by their ears.

So I wonder if some of you bloggers out there do text while driving. Well do you? I know most of you own a cell phone, it's like the most "inn" accessory any person could have, they now come in different shapes, colors, and designs, they take pictures, play music, broadcast movies and TV shows, double as alarm clocks and the list goes on and on. I really am waiting for one that doubles as a salt and pepper shaker and maybe, just maybe then I will consider to buy one.

My personal opinion is that texting while driving is just plain dumb, not to mention super dangerous. In England, South Wales to be more precise if you get caught texting while driving it will yield a $1,800.00 ticket. I know what you are thinking, how in the hell are they ever going to catch the offenders, yeah it sounds to me that this may be hard to enforce, but if by chance you do get caught then be prepared to pay the price.

I know how to type by touch so keyboarding is not really hard for me, please don't tell me that you can text with one hand while driving without looking.

They, Californians are also trying to outlaw spanking... But that's a story for another time.

6 comments:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

I have a phone, but I don't text.

I lost my granddaughter to texting - she used to talk to us, now she just looks at her cellphone!

Anonymous said...

It's very dumb. I have a cellphone and I use a headset while driving.. I don't even use the text part.. I don't even think my phone has it.. lol

MrManuel said...

I have a cell, but I don't text at all. I think it's dumb. Is it that much harder to actually call the person? Hell, I think it takes less time to call someone.

JoeBlogs said...

Mobiles in cars already banned in the UK. There cant be anything that urgent, u need to chinwag on the phone.

Unknown said...

I rarely use my cellphone. I keep it mainly for emergencies and I definitely don't have text-messaging. I think texting is a distraction and sometimes I'm already preoccupied when I'm driving.

Guess I just don't think anyone I know is that important that I need to text them. I can call them when I reach my destination.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, though.

Happy Weekend, Jose!

Cheers to you and yours.

Chely said...

I use my earpiece to talk if I'm driving.

I don't text. It costs more and I don't pay the cell phone bill.

I invite people to be conscientious while driving. It is not just your life, but others you are "texting" with.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants