Thursday, February 15, 2007

What's On My TV Watch List?

Monday through Friday I watch two telenovelas.
"La Fea Mas Bella" on Univision
and
New on Telemundo "Zorro" "La Espada y La Rosa"

I also watch the following shows regularly:

"Prison Brake"
"American Idol"
"Dirt"
"Miami Ink"
"Ugly Betty"
"American Chopper"
"Nashville Star"

Mine is a small list and yet it takes so much of my time. Television and computers already consume most of our time that one must wonder if are we finding the time to talk or be with the family? Did we visit any relatives at all? How about some friends? Do any of us remember what is it we used to do before computers became popular? And is your cellular phone in your pocket replacing family visits? Yes their voices may be just a few strokes of the keys away, but nothing replaces BEING THERE in person. NOTHING!

The reason I got to thinking all this is because my sister had a post on her blog that she entitled "Live Your Life As If Today Is Your Last Day". In it she tells about how a co-worker of hers collapsed while at work and was pronounced dead by the paramedics as they came to his aid. I think she mentioned that he was a young kid of roughly 25 years of age.

We live on borrowed time, and when our time is up that's it. Hopefully when my time comes there won't be unfinished business, and there won't be any regrets. I want to enjoy all my relatives now for as long as I can and I don't want to change them for the images on the TV tube or deprive myself from seeing them because I talked to them on a cell phone.

That's why I love family gatherings so much, just last week we had celebration number four of the year as my niece invited us to her house to celebrate her husbands birthday, good company and great BBQ ribs cannot be replaced by any TV or computer.

5 comments:

Nikki Darling said...

Isn't that crazy about that kid? It threw me off guard when they told me because i though they were talking about an older gentleman or something...makes you think twice about leaving the house mad at someone huh?

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Time always works against us...only family can slow it down and make life worth while.

I try not to watch too much TV, but I do watch Ugly Betty, Survivor, CSI Las Vegas, and Criminal Minds pretty routinely.

My wife on the other hand...is addicted!

Anonymous said...

Gosh that's scary! The same thing happened to one of my uncle's neighbors. She was just walking down the driveway one day when she had a brain hemmorrage and died on the spot, she was about 35. Things like that make you stop and think.

Ari (Baking and Books)

Unknown said...

Good post, Jose! That is really sad about the young man your sister blogged about. Makes you think about how much time we do waste out here. I have mixed feelings about why I blog. I think part of what you say is true; however, I have formed some very good friendships out here and I hope I get to meet my blogger friends one day.

BTW - I watch Prison Break too. Isn't it good again this season?
WOW..

Cheers!

MrManuel said...

Wow, there is not one thing you watch that I watch. Funny...

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants