Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I Will Gladly Make Your Dress In June For Your May Wedding!

Lots going on these days and not enough time for computer updating. For starters I lost my UPS/FedEx shipper last Friday to our Customer Service Department. After two and a half years in the warehouse he finally made the leap. He'll miss us, there's no more stable job in this company than the warehouse.

So then all of a sudden I find myself working, imagine that. Well it comes with the territory that's why I am "El Jefe". Working to me comes naturally though, it was something my dad must have passed down to me. Funny though because at home I'm as lazy as they come. So I am doing the UPS shipping at work.

Well "El Jefe" that's me, will leave a crew of two half day Thursday and all day Friday as we are taking a flash road trip (road number three of the year, in case you are counting) to California. Now we were there two weeks ago as my daughter whom is getting married in May wanted to buy her wedding dress. Mi chica and her found one they liked and bought it, supposedly it needed to be altered so we put a down payment of $400.00 and said we would go back for it at the end of this month.

Well this piece of shit sales clerk left a message to mi chica to tell her that they couldn't get the dress, they knew this right away but elected to not tell us until like two days ago. Mi chica asked them how come they didn't call before and they said they do not call customers, customers have to call them. Sweet isn't it her you are thinking they are getting your dress ready, you trust them to let you know if thing are going OK, and when they don't they don't call customer.

"Oh, but we can get your dress in June" stupid sales clerk says. "Excuse me" mi chica says, look at the note in front of you when does it say we are having the event. It's in May you dumb shit, why would I want to get the dress in June. You may not know this about mi chica, but homegirl can kick some ass, it must have been the growing up in East L.A.

I am hoping we'll have better luck this time, my daughter must be confident she is going to find a dress because she out of her own free will elected to leave on Thursday and come back on Friday as she refused to find a baby sitter for Saturday. I tell ya, what us parents won't do for our kids.

In the meantime my son's wedding is coming up at the end of this month. I think all systems are go for that one.

OK, so I'll be back on Saturday hopefully with good news that there is a dress in the horizon.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Ouch! A wedding without a dress? There isn't anything worse for a woman!!

East L.A huh? No wonder your chica seems like she can kick some butt if she needs to :)

Webmiztris said...

weddings are such a headache. that's my me and my husband eloped!!

MrManuel said...

Hope everything worked out with the dress.

Unknown said...

I've only been married nine years and I recall vividly how traumatic the dress-buying bit can be. I had a similar experience, only with my bridesmaids' dresses.

Too bad. I hope your daughter finds her perfect dress before the big event!

Good post, Jose!

Happy Monday to you!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants