Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Our Little Road Runner



"Look at her go, she runs like seasoned pro, this little girl could pay her way through college just by running" That's what I told my sister in law when I saw her daughter run all over the place for the first time. "How old exactly is she?" I asked her. "She is only 11 months old" came her reply.

You probably tought I was talking about someone older, didn't you? Truth is this little girl, Paula is her name, has displayed an ability to run that most kids don't have,Paula is six years old now. She runs so fast that her little feet make a circle as she runs, sort of the way the road runner looks in the TV cartoons.

Last week my sister in law stopped by to visit and she told me that she finally did what I have been telling her all along, she told me that she found a track and field team and that Paula (whom also happens to be my goddaughter)was in it and that she had a meet on Saturday. We told her that we would love to go see her run.

So last Saturday we all got in the van and went all the way to the Mesa Community College where the meet was to be held. We found them sitting on the bleachers, Paula had alredy run one race, the 100 meter dash, she was waiting to do the long jump and then she was going to the 250 meter dash.

It was her first time racing so she got distracted by our loud cheers, but she still managed to come third. We all had such a nice day, specially the kids. Diego my oldest grandson has been bugging that he wants to run too, and Ducky, he was just happy to cheer the runners and scream go!, go!, go!.



6 comments:

Webmiztris said...

you have to mean 11 years, not months, old. if not, that is by far the biggest 11-month-old I've ever seen IN MY LIFE. ;)

Jose said...

OK, I realized what happend. When I put the pictures while cutting and pasting a couple of paragraphs dissapear and I dind't notice.

Paula is now six years old but when she was ll months old she was already running like a two year old if not better. She has the talent.

Anonymous said...

KYUTE!!!!! I remeber trying running for a while......a long, long, long, LONG time ago.....I cam in third too on the one and only race I ever participated in....third to last that is....which is why it was my only one. To my defense, I had a small hole in m heart at that time, which kept me from breathing well.

ALL IS GOOD NOW>>>>stillnot running although.

--> Lovely Lori

MrManuel said...

That is very cool that you were able to find a team for her like that. And what a cool thing to participate in!

Chely said...

"Alright Paula! "You go girl!"

I can't run. My ankels hurt if I do. But I can dance:)

[Brother, just go ahead, fix your story & re-post! It threw me off as well.]

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Jose. It's a pleasure to meet you. Thanks for visiting my photo hunt earlier.

Paula is a remarkable girl. How nice that you support her love for running. Congratulations to Paula for her great feats. May she continue to enjoy running and become a great athlete when she grows up.

Take care!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants