Sunday, March 04, 2007

It's Not Like I'm Special or Anything

Now you have heard it all, I am a Harley riding, Mustang driving, flower getter?

Yes, for the first time in my life "mi chica" bought me some flowers. OK they weren't really for me, as we were driving back home from a track meet my goddaughter had participated in a guy was selling this cool flower bouquets for only five bucks, "mi chica" said to call him because she taught five bucks was cheap for a nice bouquet like that.

"Mi chica" was driving so I handed the money to the guy and told him that she was buying me flowers. From that moment on everyone said those were my flowers. When we got home "mi chica" put "my" flowers on a glass vase and now everyone stops to smell "my" flowers. My grandson Diego just came over to tell me that "my" floves as he calls them were pretty and smelled nice.

I thought you would like to see a picture of "my" flowers with me holding them. Truth is that they are nice and they do smell nice but I still don't get the excitement of receiving them, however I found out the power they have when I give them to "mi chica" and that point will not be argued here.

So guys here's my unsolicited advice. The simple act of giving flowers to your girl or your wife is the cheapest and surest way (not to mention most effective) to show your affection and get a positive response from the one you are giving them to than anything else I know of.

Took me over 20 years to find this out but now that I know, trust me I use it often and it always pays great dividends. But today let me tell you good bye because I have to go see and smell "my" flowers.

7 comments:

Nikki Darling said...

Lol it actually looks like she bought you a bouquet of leaves in that picture...with a few flowers stuck in! Lol.

And I can see your eye dad!!!

Webmiztris said...

I like to get flowers, but not as much as I like to get cash. cash trades for beer a hell of a lot easier than flowers. :)

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Nice...come on...step out from behind them.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful....but your eye peeking out from behind, scares me.....

I think the gift of flowers is traditional and unique at the same time....My favorite are tulips, because they are so fragile aswell as strong.

-->Lovely Lori (I forgot my password!?!?!)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty flowers, and I think I can see one of your eyes peeking through! Eres tan misterioso.


Ari (Baking and Books)

Unknown said...

I love this picture, Jose...now if you would have just held them abit lower....

Don't let any woman tell you she doesn't adore getting flowers. The feeling a woman gets when she receives flowers is better than getting five bottles of her favorite perfume and a night on the town (altho those will work too!)

A nice post!

MrManuel said...

I try to do flowers occasionally for the same reason. Such a small gesture seems to always go such a long way.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants