Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Farewell muchacho

It was time, it was long overdue, it had to happen. I still say he should have been first to go but the free propaganda and constant spoofs took him to another level and made him a celebrity. As much as people "hate" him and want to forget him I think he'll be the talk of season six.

So here's a guy that thought he had what it takes to be an American Idol. He goes through the hardships of elimination and out of not one, or two,nor three or four, not hundred or tho hundred, but THOUSANDS, yes thousands of applicants. Little by little he's journey progresses and he finds himself advancing and thus making the dream doable, making obtainable, all of a sudden the dream is not a dream anymore, but it's reality.

Against all odds, he is sent to Hollywood, he makes "Top 24" and then "Top 12" and it is at this point that he is tagged a loser, and bad singer. Wait isn't this the guy that beat thousands.

Sanjaya was never as bad as his critics suggested. He didn’t make the semifinals by winning the weekly “text the obvious ‘Idol’ trivia answer and win a prize” sweepstakes; he got there by being among the better vocalists in a weak group of male rivals. Since then, he’s been among the worst of the contestants, but he’s rarely been bad enough that his removal was an obvious slam dunk.
By Craig Berman
MSNBC contributor



I have always liked the guy, heck I though his sister was pretty good too, but when it comes to reality and validity against the "Top 12" we was outmatched. I am glad he got as far as he did, just remember that to many he was the bad singer but probably not to his parents. He did nothing to be ashamed of and will probably learned a lot from the experience.

I for one wish him good luck in his future.

Now, as far as I'm concerned two more to go before the best of the best stays. I'm still excited, and I still have my favorites, and AI still rocks.

4 comments:

Battlerocker said...

"Against all odds, he is sent to Hollywood, he makes "Top 24" and then "Top 12" and it is at this point that he is tagged a loser, and bad singer. Wait isn't this the guy that beat thousands."

If I thought that were true, I'd probably think very differently. To be honest, I think many, many of the best singers are left behind in stage one; only a few good singers are needed. Entertaining people are then chosen to fill up the gaps. We were meant to laugh at, and dismiss him (or that's what I think the producers had in mind). It was when people started acting like he "deserved" his stop that everyone got in a tizzy about it. I'm glad he did well, if only because I firmly believe he was set up only to be laughed at.

Erin said...

I think he only made it to the top 24 because AI needed some adversity, and then made it to the top 12 for the same reason. I think he stayed because then America decided they need something to make the show more fun. They made a huge mistake even allowing him into the finals, but I think that in general they want to bring in many different types of peopel, even if they can't sing... and c'mon, you know he can't sing. He really can't Jose!!! Even still, I know you liked him and for that I am sorry he got voted off. Okay, that is a lie, but I'm trying to show my support to you :)

Chely said...

I think that he is a great Karaoker but definitely not AI Material.

I must say that I did appreciate the flirty eyes he would give us through the camera.

Of all his songs, I really enjoyed his rendition of "Besame Mucho". I think that out of all the other participants, (with the exception of Doolittle) he was the only one who actually sang a "Latin" song. I give him props on his effort to actually have sung it in Spanish.

Whoever comes up with these twists and turns, does know about Marketing & Promoting. Because, it is easy to see that although, the eliminated contestants were better that Sanjaya, they were not going to be first runners up to the actual girls that are currently thrilling us right now.
Therefore, leaving him around was strategically entertaining.

But now that we are down to the Nitti-Gritty, it was definitely time for him to go!

So, "Adios Muchacho" make way for "The Girls!"

Webmiztris said...

I never catch the full show when I watched AI - just snippets - but from what I've seen ALL of the contestants suck besides that Melinda chick. I just don't understand how they can sift through literally THOUSANDS of singers and that's the best they can come up with.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants