Thursday, April 19, 2007

I Could Have Gone Racing




NASCAR is in town, and I was invited to attend by both trucking companies I use at work. Both ABF and R+L are part sponsors of a race car. This weekend is the Fabulous Fords Forever Car Show at Knott's Berry Farm in California and we go every year, so when these trucking companies called me to ask if I was interested I had to decline.




But due to too many events and too many upcoming trips to California at the last minute we had to cancel our trip, so now I'm left with no NASCAR and no Knott's Berry Farm. Grrrrrr!




But at least today I went to see the R+L racing car at a nearby company as they had a display and lunch for their customers. The car looks too innocent parking there but if you hear it at the track while trying out for the pole position man, the engine is pretty loud, and that's when you realize how fast this guys really go.




I have already been told that they'll have a pair of tickets for me in November so now we'll just have to wait.

5 comments:

Erin said...

That stinks!!! Well, have a great weekend anyhow :-)

Lynda said...

Every May we hear the cars around the track for the Indy 500. We also can hear when NASCAR and Formula One. Gas prices also go down when the race is in town.

Yet, I have never been to the races. Hopefully you will be able to go soon. I heard that it is fun to go, at least once.

Tara said...

Sorry to hear you will not be able to go :(

Battlerocker said...

That sucks! I'd be in a bad mood. Oh well. Have fun in November!

MrManuel said...

Wow, what a bummer man to miss both. Better luck next time.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants