Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Thinking Award


Jose,

Congrats on winning the Thinking Blog Award!

Nice work! Please stop by my blog to grab your award and link.

Cheers!

By Carol, at 2:13 PM


I consider Carol from "The Turning Point" to be one of my few friends here in blogland. She found me as she was reading a comment I posted a long time ago on a post from another favorite blog "Biker Betty". She read some more of my boring stories and we never stopped visiting each other.

So just imagine how I felt when I read the above comment left on one of my posts. Wow, I know now that at least one person out there has enjoyed some of the stories I have posted enough to think of me as a "thinker".

Now the "Thinking Blog Awards" originated as a meme that is different from all the memes out there, which to this day I have not participated in. No, I have nothing against memes I just don't participate, but occasionally I read some of the memes posted some of my blog friends.

I want to thank Carol from considering mine one of her must read blogs, and for honoring me with the "Thinking Blog Award".

So without further ado and in no particular order here are my five "Thinking Blog Winners" CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL:

1.- Mushy's Moochings -- By Mushy
There are master story tellers and to me Mushy is a master story writer. I have come to know a lot about this man as he himself states that his life is an open book. Through our blogs we have discovered that we have a lot in common although we are completely different. His is a daily must read on my sidebar. If you have never read this blog please accept my invitation to do so, but fair warning, it's addictive.

2.- Whatever Blows My Skirt -- By EC
Single mom, raising her son, trying to make ends meet and amusing us with her daily stories. EC writes about anything and everything she can think of, from her addiction to gambling to her love of writing. Day after day you will find a fresh story that just keeps taking you back to her blog. In spite of being a mom, she had managed to write about her son without turning her blog into a mommy blog.

3.- Soul Blessings -- By Tara
The personal, political and reflective thoughts of an eclectic thinker.

Just about every post on this blog makes you think. Tara brings up many subjects that other blogs don't and right away invites you to a discussion. Tara may not post daily but trust me when she does you can bet it's a great post.

4.- Manuel's View -- By Mr. Manuel
Here's a blog that will talk to you about many different subjects. Comic books, video games, movie reviews, weight loss, book reviews, and daily occurrences. Mr. Manuel and his guest writers have managed to capture my attention and keep luring me back for more. This is a great family blog where most of the comments come from family members. While some bloggers love the anonymity Mr Manuel like me invite our family members to be a part of it.

5.- Tiny Voices in my Head -- By Webmiztris
This is the newest blog to make my sidebar. A no holds barred blog that tell it to you like it is. Lots of humor in this one. Again, this blog will make you think with just about every post entered in it. Addictive and fun, as measured by the many comments that grace each post.

So there you have it, congratulations to all you won.

Now:

Should you choose to participate, please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging. I thought it would be appropriate to include them with the meme.

The participation rules are simple:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).


8 comments:

Webmiztris said...

You are WAY too generous by giving me a "Thinking" award, but I'll take it! ;)

Erin said...

*sniff sniff* I feel so honored!!! Thank you my wonderful blogging friend - if anyone deserves the thinking award it should be you for your wonderful tales of your family, Karokee, reality tv, and everything that makes you...well, you!

You're the best :) I will display my thinking award proudly!

Battlerocker said...

Congrats on the award! Sorry I've been MIA for a while.

MrManuel said...

Wow, I feel so honored! Congrats on your honor. I think I am going to pass on naming my own though because I'll feel bad for leaving people out. I couldn't narrow it down!!!

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Congratulations on being nominated...I wanted to list you, but there were so many contenders and so few slots.

I appreciate the kind words Jose, but since I was nominated previously, why not list someone else in my place.

Otherwise, I'll have to put the logo on mine site twice! Not nice, huh!

Thanks again my friend!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your Thinking Blogger Award! I was also honored by carol with this prestigious award!

Unknown said...

Thanks for your generous comments on my blog, Jose! You are definitely one of my favorite thinkers!

Kudos to you on your honorees. We're definitely among good company!

Cheers,
Carol

Heart of Rachel said...

Congratulations on your Thinking Blog Award. Keep up the good work. Take care!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants