Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I'm a Sanjaya Fan... So What!

This year "mi chica" is more relieved I am healthier when I watch AI. Yeap, no McPheever this year. But even without Kat I still think that for my money American Idol without a doubt the best show on TV... What? It's free to watch it. Heck even better, why say no to free.

Bueno, bueno, bueno. It's Latin Night on Idol and if you know "Joe Cool" by now then you know he is Mexicano to the bone. So kudos to AI for including one of the biggest markets music has. Yes, I am talking about the Hispanic market. Orale pues then!

One of my favorite sites that has been on my sidebar since I started my blog is DJ Slim's Idolbloglive.com and last week he posted a youtube video done by comedian Eric Schwartz called Sanjayas Anthem. I swear I was laughing my ass off and I am not even a Sanjaya heater, (my two daughters are) but it just amuses the heck out of me how America supposedly wants him out of the competition and yet popularizes anything and everything he does.

Anyway, in this video he even has his own Hollywood Walk of Fame Star, and the tune is catchy as hell. "Sanjaya, Sanjaya, Simon says Deplorable! but America says Adorable!". Shit I am laughing as I'm writing this. Out of all the performances tonight I give his the most props, trust me I closed my eyes to hear him sing and unlike Simon I did understand every word he said, go figure it does pay to be bilingual. I guess I am being forgiving, since I attempt to sing Country Music with a Spanish accent when I karaoke, so who am I to judge.

I don't think he should win, but he really isn't that bad. Let's face it, when I ask people why don't they like him, they usually say "I just don't", wow what a valid reason. So today I vote for Sanjaya's rendition of "Besame Mucho" to be the song in the upcoming finalists CD.

So I took a poll and here are the top eight reasons people don't like some AI finalists.

"She doesn't have a neck" -- So what she still sing better than the rest.

"She is too big and has big boobs" -- Wow, what a crime. Again she still sings awesome. Have you heard the expression big is beautiful.

"He's bald" -- So freaking what! So was Chris last season, just because he is far from that rebel without a cause look doesn't mean he can't sing, and yet he'll be crushed by the judges week after week.

"But he looks, like Justin Timberlake" -- He does doesn't he? I think that's the only reason he is in the show but that's just me. But really, to praise him week after week, does America need a Justin clone? Randy, Paula, and Simon seem to think so.

"She just can't sing" -- So what isn't it a Hot Leg competition... Oh sorry! Wrong show.

"But she's only 17" -- Oh yeah and she still wears diapers. Again who cares about the age, my hometown girl can sing period.

"He dresses funny, always in plaid, and his preppy collar sticking up like in the 80s" -- Shit! I used to dress like that too, and let me tell you I was stylin'. Don't believe me? As mi chica, she'll tell ya. Anyway homey is definitely the strongest of the males, after Sanjaya or course... OK, I'm kidding.

10 comments:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

If he wins, I will not watch the program again. I'm almost to that point now.

It's not just him...it's something to do with the credibility of the show.

Jose said...

You know, people take this things to serious, to me it's just entertainment, and the show still provides that. But I agree with you, I have told my daughters time and time again that the show is rigged. This year I saw many of my favorites get the boot and not make top 24. Sanjaya won't win unless America is trying to make a statement, but my three favorites are all women and they can sing.

Tara said...

I don't watch the show, but know more about him than all the others. Whether folks like him or not, he has already reached his celebrity status and I am sure we will hear about him for some time.

Jose said...

I totally agree with you Tara. He's being spoofed everywhere and that only adds to his celebrity status. Realistically he is not even a contender to be the American Idol winner, but I really don't dislike the guy.

Erin said...

I'm sorry, I must have reread wrong. Did you say that you like Sanjaya??

I think I have to go clean out my eyes, because I'm sure that must have been a mistake!!

Go tell your Chica to take your temperature and make sure you don't have some rare disease making you speak such outrageous words :)

MrManuel said...

I have just seen clips showing how bad he is, so I really hope he wins.

Battlerocker said...

I'm not going to lie to ya, I don't think much of Sanjaya. I don't think he's worth the hype, one way or the other, but still, I don't get the appeal.

GEWELS said...

I don't recall Simon commented on how he could not understand one word of what Gloria Estefan sang last night, do you? He's an a** at times.
Sanjaya- well he is cute, I'll give him that. He sounded not too bad the other night. That was a fun one to watch- I love latinesque music.

Jose said...

EC - You know you like him, admit it. America does.

Mrmanuel - That could happen if America wants to help Howard Stern prove a point, but does it matter? Will America buy his record? Come on realistically he is out of his league but he certainly is having fun riding the show.

Battlerocker - I'm with you but this is just another example of why American Idol is as popular as it is. People say they will not watch no more and yet we sit glued to see who goes next. It's just good entertainment.

Gewels - It was Jeniffer Lopez not Gloria Estefan in the show. Her new CD is going to be hot, except it's in Spanish.

Unknown said...

The problem with someone like Sanjaya is their popularity causes someone with god-given talents to eventually be eliminated.

I'd hate to see someone like Melinda, LaKisha or even young Jordan get the boot because the American public wanted to keep a cartoon like Sanjaya on for no good reason other than his quirkiness.

He'll get his recording contract like William Heung and be able to go on tour. That should more than compensate for what little talent he's actually got.

Anything more than that would be an injustice to the whole premise of the show, which is to find someone blessed with "true" ability.

Sanjaya is not that person.

Cheers.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants