Thursday, May 03, 2007

Oscar Crashes My Daughter's Parties

A little story:

Once upon a time just a few years ago "mi chica" and I gave this huge "Quinceanera Party" for my daughter. This was the older of my two daughters and that being the first party it cost an arm and a leg.

Her birthday is in October but we had the party a little earlier. We had it on September 18 (which happens to be my birthday), the hall was huge and all of a sudden it got empty, only women remained, which in my case means that I danced all night long.

So where were the men? you ask. Well, on that particular night one Oscar de la Hoya was fighting Felix Trinidad for the first time, so quietly but surely one by one all the men left the hall and rushed home to see the fight. Oscar lost that night because he thought he had it won and danced around the last four rounds, remember... you remember don't you.

Fast forward a few years and guess what? Yeap, same daughter now is getting married this Saturday. And what is happening this Saturday? Yeap, Oscar is fighting AGAIN!!!!! However, my son told my brother in law to purchase the fight and said that he would pay for it, that way the men will remain in the same house.

My daughter just laughs, because well it's funny how Oscar crashes her parties. I do hope he wins though. Gotta root for "La Raza".

8 comments:

Michelle said...

When I read the headline I thought you meant Oscar my cousin... I was thinking, "What did he do?"

But yeah... I hate Oscar! He does always crash my parties! Out of all the days he always has to pick mine!

Unknown said...

Thats quite ironic but you guys have great attitudes!

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

She probaably thinks it's a conspiracy!

Chely said...

I've shared this coinsidence with a few of my friends. It's kinda sad but it's kinda funny too.

I'm not a sports fan but I do follow "Championship Boxing" and "World Cup Soccer". I was a little "bummbed" because I thought I was going to miss this fight, but was happy to read that Meno is purchasing the fight!

I'm looking forwar to: Spending time with all my relatives, Great Food, Lots of Cool Music & Dancing, a Great Bosing Match and terrific Memories:)

Mel said...

I was thinking about Oscar the Grouch LOL.

Webmiztris said...

how random! the last blog I read was talking about this upcoming fight too! sounds like your daughter is going to want to duke it out with him herself if he keeps trying to ruin her birthday!! ;)

Battlerocker said...

I hope she had a wonderful time. Congrats!

MrManuel said...

What a coincidence man! I bet they hate Oscar!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants