Monday, May 07, 2007

When I Said I Do


Here I am walking my daughter Michelle down the aisle.

Finally after so many hours, days, months of planning, of making invitations, decorations, and party favors the day finally arrived. May the 5Th will go down in our history books as the day that Michelle and Junior said those two little words "I do".
It was hectic at times and the budget shrunk way before they were even done buying the stuff they needed, but by pulling trick out of our hats and tightening their belts the did it.

The odds were against them but they prevailed, it makes me proud to see that they did what was necessary to assure this event would happen.
The weather was supposed to be hot, normally by this time of the month we are already in shorts but for the weekend we had beautiful sunny weather that came with heavy winds, making it easier to bear it. Yes, it was hard to keep the table cloths and center pieces in place as the wind kept knocking them off but that was a welcomed trade as we all agreed that we preferred that to near 100 degree weather with no wind.

I don't drink coffee but I need a little caffeine.

Sahuaro Ranch was a great place to hold the wedding. The gardens were full of roses. Chickens and peacocks and rabbits run free on the grounds and the birds also come to visit. The ranch is a historic landmark, the guest house was available for us. Actually the bride got dressed there as she was helped by her mom and maid of honor.
The ceremony was short and sweet, as they exchanged their bows they also shared the intimate moment with their two kids Diego and Alayna.

The reception was pretty fun too, as usual there was plenty of food. Once the music started it was dance till you drop, at least for me because Oscar decided to crash the party again, so all the men went inside to watch the fight. The photographer actually took some pictures of Michelle facing the TV screen and pretending she was the one fighting with Oscar de la Hoya. Too bad he lost, I heard it was actually a pretty boring fight, that has all the makings of a re-match. Maybe next Saturday I'll sit and watch it on HBO and see for myself how bad Oscar lost.

Mi chica and I minutes before the wedding.

Some of you asked me to post some pictures so if you care to see some of them

CLICK HERE

11 comments:

Erin said...

Awwwwwww! I love a good wedding! Your daughter looked absolutely amazing!! What a gorgeous dress!!!!!

And you and your chica?? You look so happy and so wonderful!!

Thanks for sharing - I love to see pictures of your life :)

Webmiztris said...

what a beautful wedding! I love the parasols!

Unknown said...

My friend. beautiful posts and pictures..That dress rocks..

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Again...thanks for sharing this wonderful time in your life with us.

I know you are proud.

Battlerocker said...

Everything looks wonderful. Congratulations!

MrManuel said...

Your daughter and wife are beautiful. Looks liek a wonderul time. Congrats senor.

Angie said...

Jose, Everyone(thing) looked wonderful. You and your chica are BEAUTIFUL together!! Your daughter looked fabulous and gorgeous! You should be proud!

Thanks so much for showing us the photos!

Jose said...

Thank you all for the wonderful comments. Indeed it was a wonderful celebration. The dress turned out to be a really nice dress, you may remember that the original dress never happened and we had to go to L.A. a second time. I am proud of my three kids and am happy that they are all making their own life.

Princess Banter said...

Ohhhhhh so beautiful! Congratulations! I bet it must've been on fine day :)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful dress! Congrat on you guys pulling off a great wedding for you daughter!

Tara said...

What a wonderful post Jose...thanks for sharing!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants