Friday, May 11, 2007

You Are a Woman... So You Think You Are Bad?

As a motorcycle rider I have seen an influx of women riders emerge. Most look majestic riding those big machines and they gain my respect immediately. It's not easy being in command of a machine that weights over 600 lbs., and yet they seem to be very comfortable doing it.

In the past only the man used to provide for the family while the wife stayed home to take care of the kids and do the shores. But now it's not rare for a woman to bring home the bacon so we can fry it up in a pan. I make decent money but truth be told in "mi chica's" line of work when it gets busy she can kick my ass hands down.

The reason I'm writing about this is because I read a riddle in my ABF's newsletter that got me thinking.

I'll write it for you, then tell me if you solved it.

A man and his son are in an automobile accident.
The man dies on the way to the hospital, but the boy is rushed into surgery.
"I can't operate on this boy," says the surgeon.
"He's my son!"

How is that possible?

If you had to think hard about what the answer is, then you still live in an era where you think men are the sole providers. Otherwise, you would have immediately solve it: The surgeon was the boy's mother. (Duh.)

Now I see more women wear tattoos, I mentioned once in a previous post that where I work almost every woman that works there has a tattoo while only 1 man has one. I get women truck drivers making deliveries and they park the big rigs easier than some of the man drivers (I hear our parking pit is a hard one to get into). I see many women riding their own motorcycles instead of riding in the back. They are boxing, wrestling, car racing, and they are doing just about everything us men do. But the one constant that only women can do is... give birth.

You are a woman... So you think you are bad?
I say so.


Latin moms celebrate "Mother's Day" on May the 10th regardless of what day of the week it is. Here we will celebrate it on Sunday. So my shout out to all Moms goes out today.

MAY ALL OF YOU MOTHERS OUT THERE HAVE A GREAT "MOTHER'S DAY" WEEKEND

5 comments:

Elena said...

Gracias por la felicitacion, sea del 10 de mayo o del domingo.

I love you

Elena

MrManuel said...

That has always been one of my all time favorite riddles. Really makese people think...

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mothers in your life.

Jose said...

elena - De nada and I love you too.

mrmanuel - Happy Mother's Day to all the Mothers in your life.

And yours too my friend.

Webmiztris said...

oh man, I'm ashamed to say that that surgeon paragraph got me...I immediately thought of the surgeon being a guy!

Mel said...

Thanks Joe! My friend Bec rides her own bike, she has a Ridley. She does look awesome on it!!

I work for a group of Radiologists and they are mostly women, so I knew the surgeon was the mom. Girl power LOL!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants