Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Father's Day

Father's Day came and went, and thanks to my family specially to "mi chica" I had a great time. We stayed home and invited my sister in law, my son, and my father in law along with their respective families. My two daughters and their husbands live with me for now so the whole family was there. Our girls treated us to some great food including my sister in laws awesome "enchiladas". "Mi chica" made some rice, beans and salsas to go with the meat, and even though I don't normally drink, I treated myself to a few cold ones. Can you say salud?


I am blessed to have in laws that like me (at least I think they do). Not too long ago I forgot my key at home and on a Friday afternoon everyone decided to go out so I was locked out of my house for roughly an hour and half.


Also, some of you may remember the time I broke down and I was incommunicado since I don't carry a cell phone, (hate the little buggers). Well that came to an end this past Sunday as my sons in law felt that I need to join the 21st century crowd and own one. So, they bought me the new Samsung T219 from T-Mobile and will pay for my monthly bill. No fancy frills on this one, just text and long distance service came with it. No camera, TV, I Pod, computer, navigation system, or salt and pepper shakers in it. Simplicity at it's best. What? what is my number, hell if I know, which is fine with me since I will probably never call myself.

The rest of the afternoon we spent it outside swimming, the temperature here in Phoenix has been around 110 degrees for the past week so the swimming pool is the place to be.

So I just want' to thank "Mi chica", my kids, my in laws, my grandkids, and the many blogger friends that wished me a Happy Father's Day, thanks to you all I did have a great memorable time.

Oh and since now I have a phone, am I on your Fav 5 yet?

7 comments:

Chely said...

Yeayyyyyyy! You finally have phone:D

Well, I know that you will not call yourself but you better find the number out and Email it to me!!!!

Congratulations and happy belated Father's Day:)

You lovely, little sister.

P.S. I like the new Blog Look, but I'm not too crazy about the Fonts. They are hard to read on my computer.

Jose said...

Chely - Thank you for the good wishes. You know Nikki as usual made it for me, on our computer at home I don't get this robotic letters however at work and on my lap top I do. I don't know if she can change them but anyway I'll probably have it changed in another 3 months or so, that's normally how long I kept my previous templates, my blog is only a year old and this is already my fourth templete.

Mel said...

Happy late fathers day! Glad you had a good day!! I love my cell phone but I always want a newer fancier one LOL. I dont know why I love it so much cuz I rarely get calls unless its my doctors or my kids.

MrManuel said...

You have a cell now?!?! That is too funny!

Anonymous said...

I knew you'd break down and join the rest of us!!! HA!! It's about damn time :-)

Enjoy it, and Happy late Father's Day!!

Webmiztris said...

nice! I hate cell phones too, but they're great to have sometimes. I only use it to call people though. I've only texted once in my life and i thought it was ridiculously stupid. I mean, why not just CALL a person instead? it's so much faster then typing on a micro-keyboard!!

eastcoastlife said...

hahaha Jose,
That's a funny theory you have about your sons-in-law. Do they borrow money from you often?

ahem... can I have your cellphone number? hehehe.....

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants