Monday, August 20, 2007

While You Were Out


We had a good productive weekend. On Friday night my daughter and I went to watch Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix. We are both Harry Potter nuts so obviously we liked the movie. No you won't get a review from me because I really liked it even though some people think that the "been there, done that" applies. The only thing I'll say about it is that it definitely was a more mature movie. Now if they can only hurry up and make the last two.

It was my sister's birthday on Saturday, so we were invited to a "cafesito con pan" gathering. She turned 29 for something like the 24th time. Coffee with sweeat bread and a good
conversation is how we celebrated, the kids were getting extremely loud so after a few hours at her house we decided to go home.

You may remember that my mom's birthday was last Thursday. Well, since we all take turns to stay with her at her house and the room that we stay in was kinda univiting, my sister organized a "while you where out". So my mom attends the 11:30 mass every Sunday so we asked my other sister to take her to the stores after mass. Right at 11:30 "mi chica", my sister, and I got to her house and in about three hours got the room painted, and redecorated. The room is now very nice and cozy, complete with TV and cable yey. She was pleasantly surprised with what we did.


"Mi chica" and I don't stay in that room, so now I have told my mom that since she is the land lady of the house that I want our room redecorated too and with a color TV instead of the small 13" black and white that we have now and that we demand cable too. Will she comply with our wishes? I'll let you know.

Now, we have planned a surprise birthday party for her next Saturday. We will have lots of food and music so we can dance and celebrate. 75 is quite a milestone and we hope she will have a great time.

4 comments:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Birthdays can be lots of fun for grown ups too!

75 - I should be so lucky!

Erin said...

That was so sweet of you all to do that for you!! I can't wait to see pictures of the surprise party!

MrManuel said...

That was an awesome idea to do the room makeover. Very cool!

Chely said...

Que bonito quedo el cuarto:)

I'll check it out this weekend.
I'll see you guys there, God willing.

Besitos,

Chely

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants