Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A Growing Family


My son and his lovely wife just had their baby boy about three weeks ago. My daughter also announced that she is expecting, and my niece just sent us an email giving us the news that another baby is on the way.

We are no longer just a family we are now a clan. Our family is so big that if we ever plan on having a family reunion we would need a resort to accomodate all of us.

So, here are some of my thoughts on the subject.

With so many little kids
That are coming into our lives
I hear here comes one more baby
And here's what I say about that.

I say the more the merrier
I say bring them on
I say can't have enough of them
I say but keep them all at home

I'll be glad to come and visit
Maybe once, or maybe twice
And once they fill me up with kisses
I can leave them all behind

I can say "been there, done that"
I can say I did my best
I can say with all these new kids
It's your turn to pass the test

Just in case nobody told you
Just in case you didn't know
They'll test you time and time again
Oh, I just wanted you to know

Look at me, gray hair all over
No, I didn't get too old
All I did was have three kids
What would I have done with more

Well look at me now I'm collecting
The rewards sent from high above
To see this bunch of little blessings
Running wild around the house

By: Joe Cool

8 comments:

Chely said...

Dear brother:

Your poems may not always rhyme, but, "Who Cares!!!"

They are so full of great, deep sentiment and I LOVE them:)

I just want everyone and anyone who takes a little time to check out Joe Cool's Blog, that...
I LOVE MY BROTHER and am so Blessed to have him in my life.

Ever since we were young, he has always managed to find a way to reach our hearts. Here's my favorite;

Joe Cool - I'm hungry.
Lil Sister - So, cook something.
Joe Cool - Can you cook an egg for me?
Lil Sister - No! You can do that yourself!
Joe Cool - Yes, but you cook the best eggs ever!
Lil Sister - ....How do you want it, sunny-side-up or scrambled?

[Footnote: He'd use this one on all four of his sisters...and it worked on all of us, all the time!]

So, my wish for all of the little ones that have just arrived or are on their way is, for them to also have a brother as great as mine!

Unknown said...

yeah for all the happy news in your family..Growth is awesome.Congrats to all!

Michelle said...

I think my Tia Chely is right! YOU ARE THE BEST DADDY! I love your little poems... they make my day. And we can definately say we are a clan... we just keep growing and growing. And it doesn't look like it's ever gonna stop.

Michelle said...

P.S. I finally started a new blog that I hope I can keep up with. So far so good. Add me to your blogroll.

Wanda said...

Congrats!! We have a new baby in our family too. I'm now a Great Grandma....check out my post today!

Anonymous said...

My wife says:"So, your loyal, hard working, honest and most of all caring and loving towards all of your family." My daugher Nikki says: "My dad is the best dad in the whole world. Enough Said!" My Daughter Michelle says:"He's so funny! He's got a great sense of humor and is always making us laugh. He has a way of brightening up my day.=)" So if that's me in their eyes, who am I to argue?

Michelle said...

Now you need to say... Newsflash... one more new baby!

Erin said...

That was sweet! Congratulations on all the new additions to your already humongous family!!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants