Monday, September 24, 2007

Nothing Important

And then I started writing, but the truth is that I had nothing in mind, nothing to offer that would have been interesting then I realized that it didn't matter, the writing I do serves many purposes, it sharpens my typing skills, it forces me to expand my writing skills which when I started this blog were almost non existent and it takes the ideas that form in my head and plasters them out there in millions of computer screens across the world for anyone and everyone to see.

Have any of you stop and think just how powerful that is. I write a sentence good or bad and millions can read it, no wonder the advertisers jumped on the band wagon. Well, to me it's just something to do to release stress, I sit by the computer, write a few words, tell a few stories and open up small chapters of my life to any of you out there willing to read it. Yeap, that is powerful indeed.

So far I have tried to keep it to where I write what I want as opposed to what others want, if that would be the case then I would need to get paid for my writing. So, as I seat here writing this I can't help but think how much it's all worth it, if only to reach one of you out there, to I know I drew a smile from you, or to know that you hated something I said, or to know that what I wrote about has happened to some of you, and to herar you agree or desagree with my posts, these are all the rewards of writing and keeping this blog.

I don't feed on comments but I'll be be truthful by telling you that I do look for them, your feed back is always appreciated and it also turns out to be a good source for future posts, so while you don't have to comment I always thank those of you that do.

I sat here having nothing to write about and the above paragraphs just came to mind, next time I have writers block I'll just blog about it.

5 comments:

Mel said...

YOu know I have been there myself, but I managed to get out of my mood. I get writers block too.

Erin said...

We all go through it, and sometimes it does help to write about our writer's block. It's good to write about something you find interesting and enjoy though - but you always seem like you enjoy your writing - which makes it so much better to read.

Just take a few days off and it will come back to you soon!!

Chely said...

Writer's Block...that's what I had for a month!

Well, as you already noticed, I finally finished the post I began in July!

But the 2nd and 3rd story that are coming up have nothing to do with that one. That post is done! The upcoming stories are new and different!

Look for them:)

Now, how could you have writer's block when our sister was just visited by unwelcomed visitors?

I was sure that I would read your take on that unfortunate inccident.

Wanda said...

That was an excellent "nothing to say" blog. My 9 year old grandson, Elijah is writing a book. I ask him one day how is was going, his reply: "Grandma, Now I don't have writers block, I just don't know what to put down next." I tried to hide my giggle, and said, "Hang in there, it will come.... and kissed him on the cheek!.

Elena said...

Creo que los escritores no siempre tienen algo importante que escribir, pero siempre hay algo. Lo importante es hacerlo con el corazón y eso es justo lo que tu haces. Me vale lo que escribas pero yo me alimento de lo que tu dices en un escrito que para ti tal vez no tenga mucha importancia. Siempre consigues que me salga una sonrisa o una lágima aunque sea en la garganta.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants