Thursday, December 20, 2007

2007 Is Almost Over

And just when you already accepted the fact that Christmas will be a little on the poor side, God comes along and once again showers us with unexpected funds that will allow us to give a little more than hugs and good wishes.

Yeah, my employer gives us bonuses every year, actually twice a year but this Christmas he outdid himself with the amount. So... yes, all the kids get presents and even an adult or two will get a gift too. We have a saying that goes "God squeezes but does not choke" and that is so true, in the end things always fall right into place.

My dentist won't get a present from me but will get a healthy amount from my bonuses, grrrrr. But hey, it has to be done. Again one of those things that were not in the plans for this year may also come true. I call it divine intervention.

Well, 2007 is almost in the books and as we get ready to receive the new year, we make plans to see how we can make the coming year better than this one. We are survivors, and we survived but would like for next year to go a hell of a lot more smoothly. We'll just have to wait and see.

And yet, there is so much to be thankful for that I won't even attempt to put a list out. Our family continues to be united, and healthy. That right there is the best thing that can happen to us. Food, wow, that's another thing I've been lucky about this year, I continue to eat the best home cooked meals that my mom and "mi chica" prepare for me, yes I need to diet but it's too hard with such great cooking.

How I wish everyone would have it as good as I do, and yet there are many families with their loved ones overseas, many moms, dads, daughters, sons, relatives, won't have a loved one that is serving in the armed forces, to all of them I wish the best that Christmas has to offer, I don't forget about them as I realize how lucky I am to have all my loved ones so close to me.

So to all of you my relatives and friends I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Love ya all.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Oh Jose - I'm so happy for you! I know it is about the holiday, but nothing makes you happier than seeing a child open up a gift on Christmas morning. Well, I am going to have a great Christmas myself, I put in a ton of work (as in my fingers are falling off) and I was able to buy my son the V-smile gaming system and 2 games, as well as some books and even a tennis racket :-) I had accepted the fact I couldn't buy anything this year, but when I put my mind to it, I accomplished it :-) Anyhow, don't know why I'm spreading my good cheer, but for some reason, I am just very happy about that. Anyhow, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a fantastic New Year!!

Chely said...

GOD is Great! He always gives us what we need.

I hope everyone in Arizona has a great Christmas.

Love Always,

Chely

Tara said...

Hope you and the family have a blessed holiday Jose. I have really enjoyed knowing you. Be safe!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants