Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Destilando Amor Finale

Well leave it to me to come up with a great excuse to get the family together and have some good food. Being Hispanic and having so many women around me I have to get hooked with the Mexican Tele-novelas, my mom watches them and since we spend almost three days at her house we have no choice (actually we do but...)to sit with her and watch them until we are hooked.

So, last night on a 2 and a half hour finale, the telenovela "Destilando Amor" came to it's end. That's the beauty of Mexican telenovelas, they have a beginning, a middle, and an end. My mom and sisters were asking me if I were going to have a novela finale party? "Of course" was my reply. "Mi chica" and I stopped at the super marked and bough "Carnitas y Buche" already cooked so nobody at home would have to. My mom refried the beans and made a salsa and that was all we needed. Needless to say we were stuffed.

My sister brought the Mexican sweet bread and a pineapple cake for the "cafesito" later on.

It never fails that with so many of us supposedly watching the finale we miss a lot because of the endless conversations, so we got smart this time and recorded it too, we actually had to go back to the recording to catch a few missed scenes.

All in all we had a great time, it really doesn't take much for us to be happy, just the good company together as a family and the tasty food, what more can anyone ask for.

4 comments:

Wanda said...

Family and Food...what else could you ask for. Well, I could ask why I wasn't invited..!! Just kidding...Love the way your family celebrates.

MrManuel said...

I never understood the appeal of telenovelas, but I do like the concept of how they have a finite timeframe. Some shows just go on too long!

Erin said...

Sounds like a perfect evening!!

Mel said...

There are some hot looking men on them Telenovas! The women arent bad either :)

Sounds like such fun! I would 300 lbs if I was a member of your family LOL

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants