Friday, January 18, 2008

Bix Friday



This post is dedicated to Amy. Amy is a dear friend of ours from bix that is in the hospital right now undergoing surgery. Amy please get well and come back to us a.s.a.p. we love you and we miss you.

Wow, time does fly when you are having fun. It's already been almost a week since we went to the snow, even though work is slow making my days drag, the days still just swooshed past me. I sort of don't like for my weeks to go that fast because that only means I'm getting old too fast.

So today is Friday and I know you all wait for me to post my songs from bix. Last week I posted my friend Lisa, today I'll be featuring another great singer from bix than despite the fact that she only uses the computer built in microphone as opposed to some of the other members that have mixers, condenser mics, and pop filters installed in their mic stands, her voice is one of the best and purest voices in bix land.

Her name is Natalie and you will agree with me that she is just too awesome. While raising her six kids (thus her handle motherOf6) she manages to post a song here and there as her time permits. Rest assured that each song she posts is sure to be pure enjoyment.


Visit Natalie on Bix.com!


Hey Amy this is supposed to make you smile. I can not believe I am even trying this. Guess it show that I am a little frutti. LOL. But anything for such a sweet dear lady. God bless you hope it brings a smile to your face or maybe even a laugh. I redid this so much I got light headed .LOL ~Natalie

The above is Natalies's dedication for Amy, a friend of ours from bix that just went surgery and got a piece for her foot removed due to diabetes. As she is in the hospital all her friends are posting a song to sheer her up.

There are many computer gurus out there that learn how to beat the system and bypass certain hurdles. Well technology is great, too bad I can't keep up with it. Thank God for people like Lisa (remember Lisa, she was featured last week singing "Heal the World") that know how to stay current. Well, I recorded the song "How can you keep the music playing" originally sung by James Ingram and Patti Austin, well I did all of James' lines and then Lisa went in and finished it by singing all of Patti's lines and this is the end result. I truly hope you'll enjoy it.


Visit me and Lisa on Bix.com!


Now keep in mind I am on the West side of the country while she is on the East side, we used two totally different computers, her setup although not too elaborate at least includes a mixer, while mine is just my computer and to enhance the voice I plug in my karaoke/DVD player to the lap top so I can use the microphone through it. Very simple and very inexpensive, and yet I think the sound and our voices blended really good.

Isn't technology grand?

Thanks Lisa for the opportunity to sing with you and I am looking forward to our next duet.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joem what a wonderful thing you done here. Until Amy is able and ready to face the world again -she's still in a lot of pain - on behalf of Amy - "Thank you so much!".

Jose said...

daveman - Not even close to the wonderful things you are doing for her and for us in keeping us updated. We'll continue to think of her and elevate a few prayers specially for her.

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing man with a heart of gold, Jose...and a wonderful voice as well!! I'm glad you posted Natalie's song...I have long adored her voice but that was a whole new side of her and that girl can really ROCK!!! Thanks for posting our duet...that was fun and I look forward to giving the other one a shot this weekend!! God bless you and your beautiful family and have a fabulous weekend!! Hugs! Lisa :)

Jose said...

Wow, you are too nice to me Lisa. Natalie is great and I would like to sing a duet with her. As for our duet, I'm kindda proud of that one, I think we did pretty good if I may say so myself. Looking forward to hearing the next one. Take your time, and have fun. May you and yours have a great weekend too.

Elena said...

Wow, ya la escuche. Es impresionante lo que se puede hacer hoy en dia por medio de la tecnología, personas que tal vez nunca se conoscan fisicamente, sin embargo cantan juntos. Fabuloso!
El dueto me gustó mucho y el tema no pudo estar mejor. Sin duda Lisa Mei tiene una exelente voz y tu no cantas mal las rancheras.
Felicidades de verdad.
I love you.

Erin said...

Hope she feels better soon!

Jose said...

elena - Yo sabia que te gustaria. Pues si que no quedo mal aunque esta de rancera pues no tiene nada.

ec - She is a trooper, and is in high spirits but we are told she is in a lot of pain. Thanks for your good wishes, there's strenght in numbers and there are lots of us praying for her.

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW! Am I an egghead! I just saw this... I am flushed and so thankful to have such wonderful friends like you guys! Thank you so much! This is really special!! I am feeling much better today, I even posted some on BIX and snap! Thank you again for your wonderful thoughts and prayers!!!

Jose said...

amy - To hear that you are in such good spirits makes me so happy. Welcome back, as you know daveman kept us pretty well informed, so much nicer to hear it straight from you.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants