Sunday, January 20, 2008

What a Great Saturday.

It had been a long time since I had gotten up early on a Saturday morning since normally wake up very late on Saturdays. "Mi chica" and I decided to get ready and go out for breakfast. There's a restaurant in old Avondale the food there is very affordable and is actually really good, it's a Mexican restaurant that where they serve genuine .
Mexican food. My favorite dish there is the "Machaca con huevo" with rice and beans, while "mi chica" ordered a "menudo" no not the musical group, but the one you eat.

After we ate and as we were pulling out I noticed the name of the business across the street, and we decided to take a picture of it
With a full stomach and time to kill we went to a couple of stores to buy things we needed and also to buy a gift for my niece whose birthday is today but we celebrated last night. Happy Birthday Gaby, nice blouse and shoes.

















Another thing we did in the afternoon that we hadn't done in a long time (I'm ashamed to say) was wash "mi chica's" van. This poor thing was screaming wash me! and after our trip to the snow last week driving in wet and muddy terrain we could no longer overlook it. We washed it at home but a quick trip to the car wash for vacuuming and here is the end result.



Looks great doesn't it.

I really have no idea why people put down mini vans, they are economical, they carry a lot of passengers, compared to SUVs they drive very smooth and because they are so aerodynamically designed they are fast, and yet they are still constantly being put down. Well, I am proud to say we are a mini van kindda family, last week all the kids took turns riding on our van on our way to Flagstaff, our little "Ducky" was the only one that didn't get to ride in it even though he kept asking "I wanna go in Jamma's van". He didn't get to ride in the van then but the next Tuesday he got to spend all day and night with "Jamma", not a bad trade was it.

After washing the van, we watch a movie I had rented and that was due in a couple of ours. The movie was "Freedom Writers". What a great movie, two hours long and interesting from beginning to end. If you haven't watch it yet, I highly recommend it. It is a feel good movie that is not going to bore you at all. Hilary Swank started in this movie, with Patrick Dempsey and Scott Glenn and a cast of many unknowns.

At night we went to my sister's to have a "cafesito" (coffee) with cake. She actually had three different kinds of cake and I just had to try them all. Gaby had an intimate but nice birthday celebration, my sister made us laugh with her stories as usual to the point where I was laughing so hard that I had to get up from the table because I was afraid I was going to fart. I know nasty, but it was true, you have to know that only my sister Yolie can come up with some outrageous stories that actually happen to her.


This is my sister Marya, she eluded me all night during our New Year's celebration and then complained that I didn't post her with me. lol So here she is, isn't she a pretty one too?


All in all, we had a very fun and productive Saturday.

8 comments:

Mel said...

Wow, all I did was go to the post office and clean house yesterday.

Wanda said...

What a weekend...and yes, your sister Marya is bery lovely! Must run in your family!!
LOL!

Jose said...

mel - LOL Trust me my Saturdays are normally not this busy but now that the kids moved out we find ourselves with more time in our hands.

wanda - I imagine you are pretty busy too with all the packing and stuff.

Erin said...

Wow, you were busy on Saturday!

And yes, she is beautiful - glad you all had a great time!!

Jose said...

ec - I knew you would agree.

Elena said...

No pusiste la mejor foto, pero al menos está mas cerca de la verdad, pero ¿donde quedó mi glamour?

Joyce said...

Looks like my van. Is it a Chevy Venture? We have a 2004.

Jose said...

joyce - No, it's a Dodge Caravan. I really enjoy how confortable mini vans are, and they drive like a dream, SUVs have a rougher ride.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants