Thursday, January 31, 2008

Super Bowl





I know more than one person that would like to be in my shoes. I live about four to five miles away from the University of Phoenix Stadium now being called by many "the chrome dome". If I leave my house and turn right on the first street then left on the next street drive up to the next light and turn right again drive for half a block and turn my head to the left I'll see nothing but fields and there in the background standing tall like the "chrome dome" that it is you'll see the Cardinal's Stadium. At this point I am not even a mile away from my house.



Continue past the first light and there is the freeway entrance. Upon entering drive North on the 101 and take the fourth exit which is Glendale Blvd., and you are there. Wow, it only took me about ten ten minutes tops. Well easier said than done, because that would be on a regular day, the same trip this week could take over half an hour and I imagine on Sunday it will take close to the hour only because of the amount of traffic we are going to have.



Remember that not only will people be there for the game but the whole Westgate City Walk will be partying,and attendng the NFL experience. There will be so much to do and see, you may remember all those pictures I posted on my photo blog about half a year ago. The place is beautiful and it's all new, restaurants, shops, entertainment, they're all there.












But believe it or not, I prefer the peace and tranquility that my house offers and will avoid the area at all cost. Like millions of you I will watch the game from the confort of my living room on my 65" TV. There will be snacks, plenty of food but above all good company. Can't beat that no matter how close to me the actual game is being played.



So, to the millions of you out there that would love to be here but can't, sorry. I do however hope you will enjoy the big show from either the safety of your house or a nice restaurant or bar with your friends and loved ones.



Enjoy the game.

I'm a Cardinal Fan all the way but guess what, my team is not in the Super Bowl, hard to believe isn't it. Any way with the Cardinals not being there leave me with only with one choice.



GO PATRIOTS!

5 comments:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

I don't personally care who wins, but I did enjoy those shots!

Erin said...

LOL - Thanks Jose!! First let me say I love the pictures! It is "almost" like I'm there, lol. And Second - Wooohoo!! You're rooting for the Pats :-) That makes me very happy!!!! :-)

Jose said...

mushy - I don't care who wins either but I would like to see the Patriots have that perfect season.

ec - Hey, glad you liked them, I took every single one of them, and I had already posted them in my photo blog. Westgate is really a new neath place to visit while in Phoenix. Better than Tempe.

MrManuel said...

Yeah, it would be fun to be there. I have reasons why I want both teams to win. Should make it interesting...

SCANjolina said...

Well, come 2011, we'll be in your shoes. My husband wants to rent out our house!! It might not be such a bad idea!

I was at the Superbowl in 1996 in Tempe. Last time the 'Boys were in it! I love Arizona.

Sorry your Pats lost. Husband isn't happy either.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants